Filter for an '00 Echo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Car has 251k miles, runs well. I've been using STP air filters, they seal up well and seem to have good enough filter elements. It's kind of a strange filter; not a paper element, it's this fuzzy kinda stuff. Hard to explain, more of a loose felt type of material. Anyhow the car is a beater so I'd like to keep the pricing in the low-medium price range.

Driving style is hypermiler, so good filtration > flow.

I've heard good things about Pronto filters from RockAuto. Very affordable, and if you wait till there are multiple things you need to purchase, you can combine shipping to make the overall cost very reasonable.

If I was looking for the best bang for my buck on filters for a beater car, that's what I'd probably go with.

mann filters from amazon are great might cost around $7 but i remember you saying you like long oci
toyota filters would be great to
nothing wrong witth stp filters but they are lower quality and should only be used if money is an issue
napa gold made by wix is highly rated and will go for a long oci

I see air filters for under $4, but shipping is around $10, at RockAuto...

As said before, add some other things from the same warehouse (oil filters, etc) and get a better deal.

I probably wouldn't order online. Although, I do plan to order a few things with a 5% coupon, I might toss a couple of filters in with that. Otherwise, I'd like to stay local and pick up my oil and air filters at the same time. I doubt either one has terribly good shelf life.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back