Can you buy Mobil Delvac 1 LE 5w30 in the US?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can you buy Mobil Delvac 1 LE 5w30 in the US? This oil is on Mobil's website and supposedly sold in the US. However, I can't find anyone actually selling it. Does anyone know where I can get some here in the US (Central Ohio)?

Many TA (Travel Centers of America) truckstops carry it for about $38-$39 per gallon. If interested, there are TA's in Jeffersonville (I-71 exit 65), Hebron (I-70 exit 126) and London (I-70 exit 79). It's usually on the shelf in the shop office. I'd look them up on the web and call ahead to make sure it's in stock but many TA's around the U.S. carry it.

On the other hand, try looking up Mobil distributors in your area for (possibly) a better price.

Generally the best thing to do is look for Mobil Distributors - Delvac is generally only sold to commercial customers, Mobil 1 TurboDiesel Truck is marketed to consumers.

Yes, check with a Mobil distributor. The price will likely be substantially cheaper, too. Up here, the stuff has recently gone for under $30 for four litres at Imperial Oil.

One would think that going to a distributer would net a cheaper cost than online or at T/A, which is noted for having very inflated costs on products. There is no amount of supposed benefit to get me to buy 10 gallons of the stuff at those prices and fill my Detroit with it.

Originally Posted By: TiredTrucker
One would think that going to a distributer would net a cheaper cost than online or at T/A, which is noted for having very inflated costs on products. There is no amount of supposed benefit to get me to buy 10 gallons of the stuff at those prices and fill my Detroit with it.

I here Ya. I got sticker shock when I was looking for the same oil, and the Amsoil 5w30 HDD was also just as expensive. If your not loyal to Mobil 1, this was the best price I could find on a diesel synthetic 5w30: Delo 400 LE 5w30

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00M1Y2ZFG/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o07_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Originally Posted By: Powerstroke

I here Ya. I got sticker shock when I was looking for the same oil, and the Amsoil 5w30 HDD was also just as expensive. If your not loyal to Mobil 1, this was the best price I could find on a diesel synthetic 5w30: Delo 400 LE 5w30

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00M1Y2ZFG/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o07_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

\

Seen any UOA's on how this oil is doing ? Got me kind of curious for the price Amazon is asking for it.

B

Originally Posted By: Garak
Up here, last time I checked, it was under $6.50 a litre. Go figure.

Keep rubbing it in Garak...you guys get all the good oil deals.
laugh.gif

Right now amazon has Delo LE 5w30 for about $23/gallon and free shipping. That's not bad at all, but especially compared to the cost of the delvac equivalent.

Originally Posted By: Boczech

\

Seen any UOA's on how this oil is doing ? Got me kind of curious for the price Amazon is asking for it.

B

Thanks Powerstroke for the heads up. I too, am intrigued about that oil (at least at $23/gallon, I am)
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: dustyroads

laugh.gif

Only for HDEOs, though. Head north for your next PCMO purchase and let me know how that turns out.
wink.gif

I guess it's just that truckers and farmers won't tolerate the retail shenanigans that the general public will. Some people don't mind that PP goes for roughly $50 a jug normally, and will wait for a sale that brings it down to $30 or less. Truckers and farmers do not have the time to play games with Walmart Canada's and CT's pricing. So, the distributors have the wider product selection and substantially better pricing.

And people wonder why I run Delvac 1 in my G37? The regular price of a jug of Mobil Super 1000 or PYB or QSGB at Canadian Tire is around $28. That's about what I pay for a jug of Delvac 1.

Originally Posted By: dustyroads

laugh.gif

Only for HDEOs, though. Head north for your next PCMO purchase and let me know how that turns out.
wink.gif

smile.gif

Haven't seen any UOA's on Delo 400 LE 5w30 nor have I seen any VOA's on it. It's been in my 6.0 Powerstroke for 3300 miles thus far with Archoil 9100. So far it's been running great, ultra smooth, and no valvetrain noise on start up. I was in northern CO last month where overnight temps dipped to 10 degrees, without plugged in it started right up. For the price point and performance, IMO Delo 400 LE 5w30 is the clear choice. I'll send off a sample at 5k miles.

One thing I notice about Delo 5w30 though is that its additive levels are quite a bit lower than other HDEO oils marketed towards the truck market. It meets MB 229.51 spec for example which required Phosphorus to be under 0.08. Heck, it nearly meets the VW507.00 spec of 0.06. I'll let others chime in on the significance, but just wanted to point it out.

Here's a quick compare to Delo 5w40 full syn.

Delo 5w30
Sulfated Ash, wt %
Base Number, ASTM D2896
Phosphorus, wt %
Sulfur, wt %
Zinc, wt %

Delo 5w40
Sulfated Ash, wt %
Base Number, ASTM D2896
Phosphorus, wt %
Sulfur, wt %
Zinc, wt %

FYI - if you google Delo 5w30 LE UOA , apparently the Russians love it because there are several posted... lol.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: sdude2k2000
What about Boron and Moly content in the Delo 400 LE 5w30?

According to the Russian UOA's - zero on both.

Is this something new that Delo is doing ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back