Students at UC Irvine vote to ban American flag

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Trav
If its one or a thousand, make an example out of them.
Wrapping them up in a commie flag with an "i hate America" sign around their neck then dropping them off at the local VFW late at night would be too good for them. LOL

Well now your heading in the direction of what they do in the not so great countries around the world....next thing you'll want to force Christmas down everyone's throats again..

Originally Posted By: philipp10
Well now your heading in the direction of what they do in the not so great countries around the world....next thing you'll want to force Christmas down everyone's throats again..

Yup, "peace on earth and good will toward men" is SUCH an awful thing to contemplate.

I don't care what people do at Christmas just don't try and take it away from me.

+1. Now the dog in manger haters begin their rant.

Last edited:
I don't care what people do at Christmas just don't try and take it away from me.

No one's taking your Christmas away from you. No one is stopping you from attending the church of your choice. But this country is a secular state or at least should be as we have people from ALL over the world. If you want a country governed by it's majority religion, you would be looking at an Iran style of government. Something to ponder.

Last edited:
Quote:
No one's taking your Christmas away from you.

Than why bring it up, no one mentioned Christmas till you did. Why are you bringing religion into this its against the rules. Mods notified.

Quote:
No one's taking your Christmas away from you.

Than why bring it up, no one mentioned Christmas till you did. Why are you bringing religion into this its against the rules. Mods notified.

This whole thread is against the rules since it's filled with mindless jingoism.

Originally Posted By: tom slick
6 dumb students vote to remove one flag from their office and it makes news and starts discussion on BITOG, must have been a boring news day.

Its not the point that it was six students or one student. How many nativity scenes have been taken down around this country because one idiot decided they didn't like it?
Plenty, every Christmas more and more of this stuff is reported.
The way it has become in this country today is a minority of one fool can change the rules for everyone.

These institutions take federal money, the kids take tax money, they demand their rights under the Constitution, their civil rights all from the same country the flag represents. These kids are morons, true dyed in the wool full idiots.

Throw them out of school, demand the taxpayers money back if they took any and list them as a potential national security threats for future reference, because thats exactly what they are.
To those of you knocking a news outlet for reporting the story, get off it and get real. Its a news story and it is just being reported as such. I don't see any opinion piece in that story.

and the Christmas reference was brought up as shown in the quote above.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back