Mini Projector or projectors in general

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good morning BITOG members. I've been semi interested in the idea of purchasing a projector instead of having an actual flat panel TV. Every time I walk buy the new 4k TVs though I'm hesitant plus I don't know of anyone or have any experience with projectors.

Can anyone here suggest a good review site or share their experience?

Projector bulbs lasts way less than a panel TV. Projector prices have come down quite a lot in last 5 years but the bulbs are still relative expensive.

Originally Posted By: brslds
Good morning BITOG members. I've been semi interested in the idea of purchasing a projector instead of having an actual flat panel TV. Every time I walk buy the new 4k TVs though I'm hesitant plus I don't know of anyone or have any experience with projectors.

Can anyone here suggest a good review site or share their experience?

If you have enough space at home and you are the cinema fan
36.gif
then buy a projector.
laugh.gif

Unless you have an unusually large room, I would go with the flat panel. Projectors are generally noisy, require periodic maintenance cleaning (intake air filters) and expensive lamp replacements. You have to take in consideration the cabling and AC power to the projector which for pernanant installations would be ceiling mounted front screen applications. Forget table top installs as they are sloppy. Some higher end installs have the projector installed behind the screen in a projection room projecting thru a wall mounted projection screen(acrylic or glass) which makes a nice installation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back