Cars been sitting in cold for a week

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since vacation my car has been sitting in the cold northeast for a week. It had an oil change 1k ago.

Is there anything special to protect the engine after its been sitting for days upon startup?

Add mmo to the gas? Same story with my Regal. Its not my daily driver so its normal for the car to sit a week or two. Iv always had 2 vehicles tho.

My other car has been stuck in the ice for over 3 weeks. Still starts, just one of the wheels spins. Thankfully it's starting to warm up over the next few days so I should be able to get it out soon. Not planning on doing anything to it besides getting it a car wash.

Only a week? No biggie. My Firebird sits for months at a time. I used to have an Altima I'd let sit for weeks at a time as well, no problems. My Integra sat for many weeks during the summer and earlier this winter, no worries. Start it up and go.

Originally Posted By: 3800Series
Add mmo to the gas? Same story with my Regal. Its not my daily driver so its normal for the car to sit a week or two. Iv always had 2 vehicles tho.

Forget the MMO. Just drive it. If it was 6 months or a year then we might have some suggestions.

I used to let my Grand Am sit for 6, sometimes 8-10, weeks in -20 degrees, fired right up every time. No special additives or anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back