BJ's Gas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Recently became a BJ's member and noticed their gas is cheaper than other stations in the area. I know their gas isn't Top Tier. How're their additives? Do they just meet EPA min levels or exceed them? Stale/old gas isn't an issue because the station sees a lot of traffic. I plan to throw in a bottle of Techron cleaner yearly for added detergency anyway.

Last edited:
im sure your vehicle will run just fine off any gas you put in it, dont be obsessed about looking for top tier gas
we do not bj's station in my area

I doubt it's bad gas, it'll at least be the EPA minimum, but probably goes above that. I know Costco (similar to BJ) doesn't say who supplies their gas, but does say it's top tier gas.

Why would a wholesale gas terminal stock shoddy gas just for BJs and not every other station that wants cheap gas?

Originally Posted By: eljefino
Why would a wholesale gas terminal stock shoddy gas just for BJs and not every other station that wants cheap gas?

He was just asking about the additive package, not that the gas was shoddy. I think most people know that gas for a particular area all comes from the same gas terminal and that the only difference is the additive package. It's brand marketing that makes people think otherwise.

The fact that you posted this thread leads me to believe you're interested in using quality fuel. With that in mind, i would use it, but I would also fill up with a Top Tier every now and then.

I see you drive a late model vehicle as well. My owner's manual recommends TTier so i use it about 95% of the time. Does your OM recommend the same?

Last edited:
If you keep a bottle of redline or techron n the car then you can add a touch whenever you're not sure of the fuel quality at the station you go to.
That way eve the cheapest, shadiest fuel has plenty of detergency

Not sure what BJs is, around here it's a pizzeria/brew house
smile.gif

Nah, I doubt the fuel is THAT bad, but since major brands are all the same price around here, I always get Chevron/Texaco and get Techron right there in my fillup.

When we lived in Richmond I used BJs exclusively for a few years one vehicle was a twin turbo,. Never had any issues with BJs gas and wish they had a BJS here. Sam's just is pitiful by comparison, IMO. Sam's is unhealthy food, lazy uncaring personnel and horrendous check outs.

Last edited:
No problems with BJ's gas, I've been using it for a while now, my turbo DI engine runs great.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back