Can't believe it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bought my '10 Taurus about 6 months ago and there is an antenna thing on the windshield like a remote start. I've always wondered what it was for since I didn't receive a remote starter remote when I purchased the vehicle. Today I followed the wire connected to it and it took me to under the dash and here I found a black box that had the words "Code Alarm" on it. Never had heard of it. Typed it into google and it's a remote start!

Just in time for winter to be over...
33.gif

Originally Posted By: javacontour
I think Code Alarm is 3rd party, not a Ford installed option.

Yep.

They want $70 for a new remote/programming and the closest place that does it is 80 miles from where I live.

Might not even bother. Not planning on keeping this car much longer anyways.

So you will need a new remote and get it programmed to the vehicle.

Some of the companies do not give out instructions on their alarms/remote starters to anyone but an installer.

Originally Posted By: Throt

Yep.

They want $70 for a new remote/programming and the closest place that does it is 80 miles from where I live.

You can DIY, remotes can be had for sub $40.

Code Alarm was who made the dealer installed "Ford" remote starts. Look through the glovebox and paperwork paraphanelia and see if there's a small book referencing a remote start.

There are also easy and inexpensive plug and play aftermarket remote starts available for the Taurus, if yours doesn't have push button.

If you can figure out which model code alarm you have I can find a cheap remote and the programming instructions. Also, are you sure it's just for a remote start or an actual alarm setup with the remote start enabled?

Yep.

As stated, remote for your may be(often) had for le$$. And, it makes a great selling feature. Even if someone wouldn't consider your car(Taurus), they may just because of the remote start!

Originally Posted By: AdRock
If you can figure out which model code alarm you have I can find a cheap remote and the programming instructions. Also, are you sure it's just for a remote start or an actual alarm setup with the remote start enabled?

I've found some remotes on eBay that will work....I think...and programming instructions that will work...I think. The only thing that doesn't match is the FCC ID. Would that make a difference? The remote I need is "CATX1B" for a Code Alarm CA4051 system. My antenna lists an FCC ID of: H50R39 and the only remotes I can find have a FCC ID of: H5OT45

Thanks for your help.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: michaelluscher

Yep.

You can DIY, remotes can be had for sub $40.

Code Alarm was who made the dealer installed "Ford" remote starts. Look through the glovebox and paperwork paraphanelia and see if there's a small book referencing a remote start.

There are also easy and inexpensive plug and play aftermarket remote starts available for the Taurus, if yours doesn't have push button.

Ditto on Code Alarm making the remote start kits for Ford. The kit I put in our Fusion last spring was a Code Alarm kit from Ford, and was made impressively well.

Originally Posted By: AdRock

I've found some remotes on eBay that will work....I think...and programming instructions that will work...I think. The only thing that doesn't match is the FCC ID. Would that make a difference? The remote I need is "CATX1B" for a Code Alarm CA4051 system. My antenna lists an FCC ID of: H50R39 and the only remotes I can find have a FCC ID of: H5OT45

Thanks for your help.

For the prices I'm seeing for that simple one button

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=321669574749&alt=web

Go make this guy an offer for $40 or so, $47 delivered gets you the whole damm thing.
Or the way I look at it, 2 remotes and a manual for the price of one.

...its good to talk, ain't it?
grin.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back