Parliament Hill attacked, soldier shot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Clevy
Originally Posted By: antiqueshell
stockrex is CORRECT!

Folks here still don't "get it" the reason we have
this terrorism is because of all the dirty deeds
done by the US and other Western Governments in the past.
It's called "blow back".

I find it hard to disagree with this statement.

When you spend your time being treacherous on foreign soil you make enemies. Some of those enemies have long memories.
It's sad that America's sons pay those bills in their own blood. And American families suffer that loss.

I think these thoughts are explained well by this article on the root cause/effect of imperialism.

However, the article is heavily biased regarding its discussion of the Europeans and sugar coats or ignores the effects of other nations and civilizations.

http://newsjunkiepost.com/2014/05/05/reset-of-imperialist-borders-a-reaction-against-globalization/ If this is too political, please remove rather than lock the thread.

"Nations are usually defined by the common grounds of culture, language, and ethnicity within certain natural boundaries such as rivers, seas and large mountains."

"Because certain groups of people want to expand their territories through wars and conquests, other ethnic groups have been oppressed or even exterminated."

"Most of the conflicts at play today have their origins decades or even centuries ago, and they can usually be traced back to the criminal follies of European colonial empires"

"Many of the problems in the Middle East today, for example, originate from decisions by Great Britain and France in the aftermath of World War I, after they defeated the Ottoman empire." I.E. - League of Nations.

RE the European Union:
"Twenty eight European nations bought into this Utopia, which quickly became a scheme to gather a global capitalist empire under the tutelage of the United States......The idealistic European Union of free circulation of people and ideas turned into an opportunity for banks and corporations to maximize profit by reducing labor costs......more and more people are challenging the world order of corporate imperialism."

" A return to smaller government is a natural reaction against the disempowerment, loss of specificity, and vertigo caused by a global empire that thrives on consumption and greed."

Originally Posted By: cjcride
Making a profit is not evil.
Greed is.

You're right. Unfortunately, greed is all too common- and not just today as some seem to think. Mankind has been screwing each other other of something since the beginning of time.

Final update on this. Below is a link to the released video of the attacker moments before he committed his act, his motives clearly identified. Many who posted on this thread were dead on. Far too many heads are still in the sand, in light of the various recent ISIS happenings around the world since this Ottawa attacker, the trend is quite hard to ignore.

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2015/03/06/...released-video/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back