eggs

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm pretty sure its acid.

Some kids at my parents lake house moved in 2 houses down last summer and thought it would be funny to egg the neighbors. The 20' garage door got it good and it ate the paint right off.

strong alkaline will ruin the car paint.

Acid, maybe, for I have not tried any strong acid on any automotive grade acrylic paint so far.

Q.

I'm betting on acid, but I couldn't count out the protein as well. I remember in school someone egg bombing the teacher's parking lot. Our substitute teacher, primarily a science teacher, ran out there with a cup of water and baking soda. After wiping off as much egg as he could, he rinsed the paint then put baking soda. Baking soda is a base, so I take it, it neutralized any leftover acids in the egg on the paint.

Originally Posted By: 4wheeldog
Since eggs smell like sulphur as they rot, I suspect sulphuric acid plays a roll.

Then I will crack an egg into my battery if distilled water is unavailable. I always have eggs in the fridge; distilled water not so much.

Originally Posted By: mrsilv04
And the shell (as it breaks) will chip the paint off, down to the primer.

Having been egged many many times, I agree...as the shell "crumples", it looks like a limpet has latched onto it.

Have always been able to wash the egg off and seen nothing from the egg, but the little "teeth marks" of the egg failure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back