What filter for a low mileage 2 - 3 year OCI?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its for a small block Chevy. Right now I'm using a Baldwin B27.
FWIW, always reaches full operating temp.

Baldwin makes a very good filter. and certainly does Fram in their Ultra. (that's what I use on my SBC in my boat)

Fram online catalog lists no Ultras for small block Chevy. Rockauto doesn't either.

odd. what part number are they listing in the lower frams? I thought some sbc's used a "5". I think thats what mine is...

ah, they spec a 30. the 5 is 1" longer than the 30 but has all the same specs otherwise; although it does add the ADBV which the 30 does not have. do you have space for the 5?

Specs on the B27
Thread: 13/16-16
O.D.: 3 13/16 (96.8)
Length: 4 3/8 (111.1)

Originally Posted By: tommygunn
Napa Platinum (Wix XP) is on sale for $7.99 this month.

None for small block chevy

Last edited:
Any of the full synthetic media filters will be best for sitting long periods of time. Fram Ultra, Royal Purple, Purolator synthetic, Amsoil EA.

If you're having trouble finding the right filter, try to use one of the manufacturers cross reference tools.

What AC Delco filter is supposed to go on it?

Originally Posted By: Bamaro
Its for a small block Chevy. Right now I'm using a Baldwin B27.
FWIW, always reaches full operating temp.

Bamaro - Nice car. I am a once every two year oil 'changer' on my old Detroit muscle cars as well. Currently I am using the Wix long filter 51061 on my Chevelle and also have used the regular blue can AC Delco PF25, which are hard to find now hence my change to Wix.

Last edited:
FRAM Ultra seems to be the Goldielocks filter right now. When my stash of Puro Classic's & PureONE's are used up, I will be switching over to the Ultra's!

Originally Posted By: 901Memphis
Any of the full synthetic media filters will be best for sitting long periods of time. Fram Ultra, Royal Purple, Purolator synthetic, Amsoil EA.

If you're having trouble finding the right filter, try to use one of the manufacturers cross reference tools.

PF-25

Yup they are looking better every day since most are afraid to use the purolator. They are expensive but they say you can go 15,000 miles with them... Time will tell.

Originally Posted By: Bamaro
Originally Posted By: 901Memphis

PF-25

I did some Googleing and found the filter you might want.

http://www.framcatalog.com/PartDetail.aspx?b=F&pn=XG5

It's a cross reference to the AC Delco PF1218 or PF35 aka Fram PH5.

All of them have the same threads and gasket size, but the Ultra XG5 has everything you want including extra media, anti drain back valve and slightly oversized.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back