Can't delete responses.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not able to delete a response, regardless of the time that has elapsed since the response was posted. Even after just 10 seconds... nope, can't delete.

?

^^^^^

UBB Message
This post may no longer be deleted.

Please click [ Back ] to return to the previous page.

Say what you mean, mean what you say. Don't worry about grammar or typos. If you said something in error, live and learn. If you posted in the wrong forum, the mods will fix. What's the problem?

the point is there is a delete button that never works.
even *IMMEDIATELY* after you post.

The delete button used to work, but does not anymore. On the infrequent occasion where I'd like to delete one of my posts, I just edit to a "."

Originally Posted By: ARCOgraphite
Lemme try ...

post #1 retain

Post #2

Nasty response - thought better of it later.

12:42PM EST

Nope wont let me delete either.

'Diplomacy first, then shoot last' is the word of the day, I now suppose.

Last edited:
I noticed this too, you used to be able to delete your post up till a certain time but you cant at all why mods???

Originally Posted By: Oil Changer
Say what you mean, mean what you say. Don't worry about grammar or typos. If you said something in error, live and learn. If you posted in the wrong forum, the mods will fix. What's the problem?

Hey, it gets more difficult as one gets older...

If a post needs to be deleted, then please send a mod alter and we'll take care of it. We don't allow threads to be deleted, because it tends to cause discontinuity within threads.

Wayne

Why has the ability to delete a response been removed? There used to be a time limit of something like 15 minutes. Now, all posts are permanent.

Was this change intentional, or is something broken?

Originally Posted By: mrsilv04
Why has the ability to delete a response been removed? There used to be a time limit of something like 15 minutes. Now, all posts are permanent.

Was this change intentional, or is something broken?

Read the post immediately above your last post. It answers the question quite nicely.

Agreed. So the real question becomes, is there an issue with editing the posts within the normal time frame?

I don't see a problem with deleting responses, if the time limit is sufficiently short. I think 60 seconds would be ample time to notice that you responded to the wrong thread, or repeated what someone else said virtually verbatim.

On a few other forums I browse and chat on from time to time I've noticed I can delete or edit posts from years ago. I like this option especially if you may have said something you didn't mean or something was posted that was incorrect. Of course it won't let you delete a post if it was the start of a new thread.

I looked through some old posts on this site the other day and noticed in the firearm forum I had posted something and inverted the numbers I typed. Can't fix it now. Is it a big deal? Not really but the option to change it would be okay with me. Guess I should take advantage of the 'preview reply' button I see offered.

Originally Posted By: Garak
I don't see a problem with deleting responses, if the time limit is sufficiently short. I think 60 seconds would be ample time to notice that you responded to the wrong thread, or repeated what someone else said virtually verbatim.

Five minutes would be nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back