Any a.m. coffee drinkers ever quit ... not easy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
A Funny Storry!
wink.gif

I used to brew the coffee at work.
A young girl that I used to work never drank coffee. But, had the nerve(jokingly) to tell me that my coffee was like coal.

Sometime later, she went out for maternity leave. While out, she took up drinking coffee to relax while her new born napped.

Upon returning to work, she now looked foreward to a coffee break. Shortly after drinking my blend, she became hooked on my brew and claimed that it is the best coffee she'd ever tasted. Others working with us agreed!

People would come from other dept's when they smelled my coffee brewing. The aroma drew them in. Unfortunately, there is only so much to go'round and we had to keep our coffee to ourselves.

Other departments also brewed they're own coffee as well so, they just had to drink their own I'm afraid!
laugh.gif

Last edited:
I've gone from drinking a pot of coffee each day to decaffeinated black or green tea. I felt like a crack addict wanting a rock after 2 weeks but eventually got over and and I feel MUCH better. No anxiety, jitters during the day, my blood pressure even improved, more energy, better sleep etc. Highly recommend eliminating caffeine from your diet.

Many years ago I worked for a crusty old git and his wife. He was in his 80s and she was in her 70s. They drank at least 6 carafes of the most acidic coal-black joe all day long. Admittedly, she was wound up tight and flitting around all day witn the boundless energy of a 17 year-old high on life. He was useless without coffee. He needed a few cups, to warm up and soon become his true unpleasant self, yelling at everyone. They wanted me to drink that stuff too, but I I declined. For that impunity those ruddy gits yelled at me.

hotwheels

I have come to like a good cup of coffee (or two) . I drink it regularly. However, unlike some, I can stop without issues and I don't seem to miss it.

BUT, I'm reading that caffeine has some health benefits. It seems that coffee drinkers are less likely to have Alzheimer's/brain plaques/dementia.

"" “These intriguing results suggest that older adults with mild memory impairment who drink moderate levels of coffee — about three cups a day — will not convert to Alzheimer’s disease or at least will experience a substantial delay before converting to Alzheimer’s.”""

Interestingly, a very recent study was able to show that simple caffeine pills actually reversed some brain plaques in animals.

http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/275181.php

http://www.alzheimers.net/2014-04-09/benefits-of-coffee/

And, those of you who can stand 6 cups a day will have a lower chance of Type II 'betes.

Last edited:
Well, I have fallen back to splitting the difference for now. I was doing two scoops of regular into the coffee filter. Yesterday and today I've done one scoop of regular and one scoop of unleaded to reduce the octane, so to speak.

Originally Posted By: LoneRanger
Well, I have fallen back to splitting the difference for now. I was doing two scoops of regular into the coffee filter. Yesterday and today I've done one scoop of regular and one scoop of unleaded to reduce the octane, so to speak.

This.

Ive given up soda, I've gone cold turkey on bourbon and craft beers. I'm even willing to give up a terrible diet. But no matter what I've tried, I just can't give up coffee. And it's not a bad thing. I definitely stopped brewing STRONG coffee. I can't hardly drink a Starbuck brew. So I slow sip weak coffee all morning long. You'll find that will help your overall caffeine intake.

Originally Posted By: LoneRanger

So, how did you feel?

Originally Posted By: dlundblad
I use 3 heaping scoops of coffee for roughly 5 cups of water. Lol

You like it(maybe a bit stronger)than the way I do!
smile.gif

But, my scoops are bigger than most coffee scoops. I use the scoops from the can of ice tea. I use 3 - 1/3rd heaping measuring cups for a 12 cup coffee brew!

2 scoops of Decaf
1 scoop of either, Hazelnut, Caramel, Almond Mocha or French Vanilla

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back