SERVICE PRO FULL SYNTHETIC. MOTOR OIL

Status
Not open for further replies.
I bought FORD ESCAPE. S WITH 2.5. ITS A 2015. I LOVE. IT. I WANT TO GIVE IT BEST OIL AND GAS. WHAT DO YOU RECOMMEND? I. JUST HAD FIRST OIL CHANGE. USED SERVICE PRO. AND SERVICE PRO OIL FILTER. WHO MAKES THIS?

Wow, it's like your CAPS LOCK button just suddenly kicked in there.

When in doubt with a 5w-20 required Ford, default to Motorcraft. It's owned by Ford, and the oil is made to Ford specifications, and it's just a really good oil.

If you want to step up to a full synthetic, I personally believe any of the big name synthetics (Mobil 1, Pennzoil Platinum, Quaker State Ultimate Durability, Valvoline SynPower, etc) will protect an engine just fine. None of the big name oils will allow anything to happen to a vehicle that one of the other oils would've prevented.

If you want to go with a conventional oil, I suggest Mobil Super 5000. If you want to go with a synthetic blend, check out Pennzoil Gold or Motorcraft. If you want to go with a full synthetic, then any of the ones I previously listed will treat you well.

As long as it meets Ford's WSS-M2C945-A standard which is mostly going to be a Synthetic Blend 5w-20 minimum then you're OK. With standard 5k OCI's you'd be fine with that. With a quality full synthetic you might go 7.5k-10k OCI's

Motorcraft filters are as good as any OEM filter out there, but if you want to run a full synthetic and 10k OCI's you might consider and extended life filter like Fram Ultra Guard or similar.

As Sicko said any big name brand will work. All the top brands are at the peak for quality each one is a little different and have minimum difference. Get a VOA on all the top brands and remove the names and I'm sure most would be hard pressed to label them correctly.

As for gas I use Exxon Mobil. They have excellent gas, high in detergent and its a top tier fuel. I read an article at one point that pretty much compared all the big gas stations and Exxon had the highest detergent.

Always pick the busy gas stations tho. If you see a Shell with a line going across the block and a Exxon with no one odds are the gas at Shell is better and has had less time to absorb water.

Shell make the best fuel available at the pump (outside those racetracks that still have a high test pump)

Redline make the best oil.

Originally Posted By: Olas
Shell make the best fuel available at the pump (outside those racetracks that still have a high test pump)

Redline make the best oil.

May as well close BITOG now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back