I've Been Diagnosed with Thymoma Cancer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey thanks SO much guys!!!
thumbsup2.gif
Just recently met with the Surgeon at Mayo.

Apparently, this is very rare and no one really knows they have it unless a CT Scan is done for another reason.

The Mayo Clinic will be sawing my chest open next week to get it out as it is somewhat expansive and it essentially has "tentacles" into the neck, etc. Ugh. Oh well, I am not worried whatsoever, I have no worry, it's just getting through it, getting it over with, and carrying on with life.

I am very healthy and have way too much to accomplish in life for this to get to me.

cheers3.gif

Very sorry to hear this, Turk, and wishing you all the best with an easy and uncomplicated treatment.

Please keep us informed of your progress, and as others have said, the Mayo clinic is very well-known for being an excellent medical center - you are in good hands!

i didn't read the whole 8 pages, but thymoma is not exactly cancer. most times it's benign. can be malignant though. good luck with the procedure, it's a major surgery.

I sent you a PM You will be in my Prayers.. You are in good hands at that hospital. When i had to go into the hospital to have my heart surgery everyone here made me feel great this is a nice place and i never forgot that.

Hey Everyone,

I got sawed wide open Wednesday, they got out a 12cm x 7cm x 3cm cancer tumor. It was a 4 hour surgery.
shocked2.gif
My wife fainted immediately when she saw me as I woke up. The doctors will show me a picture of it in an upcoming follow-up.

It was STAGE I !!
banana2.gif

They had to sacrifice one of the two Phrenic Nerves, so my deep breathing may not be quite as good. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phrenic_nerve

Just got home today. I feel pretty darn good. The Mayo Clinic staff are all rock stars.
thumbsup2.gif

Turk, I'm glad you came through everything well. Its good to hear from you so soon after surgery!!!! You sound like a pretty tough guy!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back