Woke Up To Acrid Odor and Noise From Basement...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: gathermewool
Originally Posted By: sleddriver
I take mine outdoors, spray with degreaser, let it sit 10min and hose off. You won't be able to do that in your area this time of the year unfortunately.

Thanks for pointing that part out...jerk
13.gif

Really? A bit touchy aren't we? No need to be a thin-skinned SA, OK? So..take it in the shower with you. Geesh...no more advice to you. Stay warm!

Come on; that was a joke! You *knew* that, right?

"Geesh...no more advice to you. Stay warm"? Gee, thanks for nothing :)

Originally Posted By: Warstud
Are there oil ports for the bearings?

Yep, on each side.
Originally Posted By: Vikas

Yep, and I even used an emoticon to make it obvious I was being facetious
thumbsup2.gif

In all seriousness, his browser may not have displayed the emoticon, which would definitely make my post read differently.

Last edited:

thumbsup2.gif

In all seriousness, his browser may not have displayed the emoticon, which would definitely make my post read differently.
What's obvious to you is not necessarily translated across the screen..emoticon or not. Typing "...jerk" seems clear to be a passing shot, a drive-by. Someone previously posted a video showing a guy hosing out a blower on a warm day as well. Is he a jerk as well? The use of an 'emoticon' doesn't give you or anyone else a free pass to excuse the use of "jerk" or any other smear...even in "jest". NE'ers definitely have a different attitude & "humor" than those of us born in the South-Central areas like Texas. Thank you for clarifying you were being "facetious". However, I'll refrain from further posting and hope you have your heat restored quickly.

Originally Posted By: sleddriver

thumbsup2.gif

What's obvious to you is not necessarily translated across the screen..emoticon or not. Typing "...jerk" seems clear to be a passing shot, a drive-by. Someone previously posted a video showing a guy hosing out a blower on a warm day as well. Is he a jerk as well? The use of an 'emoticon' doesn't give you or anyone else a free pass to excuse the use of "jerk" or any other smear...even in "jest". NE'ers definitely have a different attitude & "humor" than those of us born in the South-Central areas like Texas. Thank you for clarifying you were being "facetious". However, I'll refrain from further posting and hope you have your heat restored quickly.

I apologize if my post wasn't clearly facetious, but emoticons are a part of the interwebs, bud. Also realize that your responses are a lot meaner than my post that you misinterpreted...

To be clear, here are two examples, using emoticons to show emotional context:

1. Thanks for pointing that part out...jerk
09.gif
mad.gif
07.gif

2. Thanks for pointing that part out...jerk
13.gif
grin2.gif

Besides, why would I be mad at you for your weather? It makes as little sense as you being mad about my post. Most people would probably assume it was mock jealousy, I'd think.

Finally, post as much as you'd like. This is clearly an internet misunderstanding, not the beginning of a mutual hatred and loathing. It happens.
11.gif

Last edited:
Are there oil ports for the bearings?

Yep, on each side.

I meant the bearings that the shaft spins on.
They look like this>>>
http://www.heatingandcoolingwarehouse.com/PhotoGallery.asp?ProductCode=02917501

Yep, on each side of the blower. I cleaned and lubricated the blower and motor and installed the new pulley.

Of course, the freaking thermostat batteries are dead. When the batteries die, it still indicates and sounds like it's working, but it doesn't. I spent 10 minutes checking the electricals and relighting the pilot, and then, after everything seemed to check out, I shorted the thermostat and voila, heat!

One of the metal pieces is squeaking a bit with vibration, but overall it's never been quieter! I'm serious, it sounds great!

The batteries were low, but even with new batteries the Ritetemp 6022 thermostat clicked, but wouldn't turn on the furnace.

The furnace turns on when the two leads at the furnace are shorted. The Ritetemp was never very easy to use for my wife, and even I had to pull out the instructions every few months just to refresh on how to change simple settings.

The new thermostat, a Lux TX9600TS, came in the mail today, which took all of 5 minutes to install after I got off work. I'm not sure how I feel about the touchscreen, but the initial setup was easy and we've got full heat functionality again, which I'm happy for.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back