Matrix oil filter removal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: HK45
Two questions:

• Why would a dealer be putting the filter cap on too tight? Don't they know how to service their own vehicles?

Oh they know how to PROPERLY service their own vehicles, but they do this [censored] on purpose to keep a DIY from doing it the next time.
I consider this tactic criminal destruction of property and vandalism too. Typical "professional" thuggery.

So, this thread can go back to the dormant state it was in until my Google search located, and resurrected it….

Took it to a Toyota service center this morning and they changed the oil. It took them about an hour, but they made zero mention of any difficulty. I'll see what happens in 5000 miles. I might be able to do it myself if they didn't put on too tight. If they did, I'll buy a new cover and request that they replace it with that one, this way the cover has all of the notches on it and I stand a better chance of removing it on my own. Kinda hard when the cover only has the one notch left for the tool to grab on to.

My first Toyota, so I'm sure I'm gonna learn a lot more about it in the coming months.
smile.gif

take a good screw driver and take a hammer and carefully tap into the filter and try to make sure you are in the middle.

I have had to do the 2 times in my life and both time it worked...

also take a rubber hammer and giver a few soft taps around it.

the problem is the seal.... the seal is stuck....

Now this is a car you might want to use a K&N Oil filter for the reason the the nut on bottom. then you never have to worry about it.

good luck and tell us what you did.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back