Ford 6F35 Transmission

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just looked at the 2015 Ford Escape and I was hoping to find out how the 6F35 auto transmission is holding up in all wheel drive format?The only complaint that I've read about the Escape is that there have been water leaks where the roof rails are connected.Thanks Joe

The 6f35 wasn't too reliable at first, but seems that Ford is getting the bugs worked out of it.

A LOT of their vehicles now use it. My parents have 35K trouble free miles on theirs. It's in an AWD Escape with 2.0L ecoboost engine.

When I asked the service manager at my local Ford dealer the same question he encouraged me strongly to stay away from the 1.6L EcoBoost engine. Tons of recalls and other problems plus, with the advent of Ford's newer 1.5 EcoBoost series, it probably has a short production lifespan remaining.

The 1.6L had issues in the Escape for popping freeze plugs becuase the computer would let the engine overheat. That would cause a fire.

That issue has since been resolved - no more issues with the 1.6L

My mom's 2014 Fusion 2.0L Ecoboost AWD has the 6F35 and it shifts great when you put it in "S" mode. It did have a leak, ended up being the side cover seal, which is RTV on this application. It was taken care of under warranty, and as a plus I got the first fluid change out of the way at 7k miles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back