Ultra gone

Status
Not open for further replies.
So Pennzoil ultra has pretty much disappeared from stores here in NY. Is anyone aware of any websites (other than Amazon) where it can be purchased at a reasonable price? Walmart wont even sell it online anymore. Thanks in advance

I don't understand the pursuit of Ultra. SOPUS does not want to sell it, and there are many other very, very fine products to choose from. Mobil 1, Edge, Amzoil, Synpower, Royal Purple, and even Platinum are readily available and the consumer cannot go wrong with any of these!

I don't get the whole "Ultra Unobtanium" thing either. SOPUS has constantly marketed it in such a manner that Platinum is virtually guaranteed to kill it off.

Many Bitogers feel - 'One of the worst distributed products on the market'

The avg consumer feels - 'I'm not paying that much for this when Platinum is available'.

I don't do Walmart...

But I have never seen Ultra at any of my other regular places I buy oil. Not Costco, Fred Meyers, Bi-Mart, O'Reilly, Napa, Autozone.

It's the Vaporware of Motor Oil

I've used PP several times and it works great, and Mobil 1 is always available at any of the places I shop.

I didn't used to go to WalMart either, but I go there to buy PU and Fram Ultra filters at a good price. Go ahead and do it. It won't kill you to be in WalMart for 15 minutes.

Last edited:
If Pennzoil had developed/marketed it as an extended drain oil, then their might be some more demand for it. But to simply say it cleans better doesn't make me want to pick it up over PP which costs less. PP is already advertised as cleaning pistons better than M1 and Valvoline SynPower. At least M1 EP and Castrol Edge EP are marketed as extended drain oils.

Originally Posted By: A_Harman
I didn't used to go to WalMart either, but I go there to buy PU and Fram Ultra filters at a good price. Go ahead and do it. It won't kill you to be in WalMart for 15 minutes.

I've wandered in a few times...but there is a price for everything. It's a 30+ minute drive, there is always a long line at checkout, and I don't want to support a company that encourages their employees to use government assistance when they could easily afford to pay them a living wage and benefits. So I won't go there anymore.

That's just my $0.02 on it...I can afford to pay a little more for convenience and peace of mind.

Walmart has about 30+ register check out slots in their stores but only 5 or 6 are open and the others are closed. usually only 3 self-checkout aisles. WM has lots of Wasted Space and long lines on the open checkouts. I pass on Walmart.

My Walmart is always well stocked with PU.

I don't understand the Walmart hate either.

Is it the ChinaMart thing or the employee abuse thing or the I hate success thing?

The US is one big ChinaMart and Wallyworld just kicked in some lettuce for its employees.

They are outearning the guys down at Autozone now!!!

Originally Posted By: RISUPERCREWMAN
I buy all my oil at Walmart & have absolutely No Problem with it!

Same here. I actually get excellent customer service at Walmart. If I don't see an oil I'm looking for,an employee will always scan the shelf barcode to see if they have any in stock,and run to the back to get it for me. Plus it's cheap and the stock is always fresh and clean.

I can drive 8 blocks to my local WM... I go on my day off...I go early in the morning when all the jobless are still asleep and the working folks are working...

It takes about 15 min to walk back to the oil aisle grab the oil and Fram Ultra Filter and walk back up to the front and self check and leave.

Local AZ and Oreillys and Napa are about $7 to $9 more for the 5Qt jugs... Napa is a joke here! Way over priced... I walk in AZ and feel like I'm supporting Mexico! I do shop in Oreillys alot! Just not for oil.

WM does have a spot on the shelf for the 5qt jugs of Ultra but it is never stocked...

Originally Posted By: mongo161
Walmart has about 30+ register check out slots in their stores but only 5 or 6 are open and the others are closed. usually only 3 self-checkout aisles. WM has lots of Wasted Space and long lines on the open checkouts. I pass on Walmart.

I buy my oil at Wallyworld and almost never go through the checkout at the front of the store. I sneak in the back, park by the auto service area, and checkout through that section as well. Don't have to deal with more than a few tire buyers, who are not near as scary as the general run of "People of Walmart". Oil hunting trip generally takes 10 minutes or less.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back