Post your latest motorcycle speeding ticket

Status
Not open for further replies.
Felt like this is a good thread to have on the motorcycle section hahaha. So since I got one this afternoon I'll start.

With my Ninja ZX-6 I was clocked at doing 60 in a 35 but the officer dropped it down to 50 in a 35. Very nice of him to do but I still got the ticket. First one ever buuuuut I did learn that my speedo is quite accurate for a 21yr old bike. My speeding ticket grand total:

$154

Last edited:
Fight it!! You were cited for doing 50 in a 35... you weren't doing 50; the officer has made an error in the citation - you get off free!!!

Of course, to fight this you need to admit you were doing more than 50 - maybe keep quiet.

Never got one, but I stay within 5mph of the posted limits in town. Only time I ever serious break the limit is on 55mph backroads where I won't cause an accident by riding crazy.

If you ride like that in city limits, expect to get nailed.

Originally Posted By: weasley
Fight it!! You were cited for doing 50 in a 35... you weren't doing 50; the officer has made an error in the citation - you get off free!!!

That doesn't work, and it's a downright stupid tactic. Instead, rather than try to weasel out of it he should do the right thing, man up, and pay the fine.

Originally Posted By: Pop_Rivit

That doesn't work, and it's a downright stupid tactic. Instead, rather than try to weasel out of it he should do the right thing, man up, and pay the fine.
I agree and I paid it online 30 minutes after I got the ticket. Im not going to put in more time than its worth.

Oh man, you thought I was serious, right?
33.gif

The RIGHT thing to do is not to exceed the limit.

^
+1 Going to the speed limit is of course the right thing to do. And yet they allow us to have track bikes out in the county. That combo isnt going to work.

Try reading the whole post, Pop. It's called sarcasm/humor.

If he contests it in court, and the officer shows up, which most of them do (and they don't like having to go to court, since it's often on their time) then the testimony of "I let him off easy" will bury him with the judge.

I would recommend that he just pay the fine and be more careful in the future.

Now, if you were actually going 50 in a 35, and had a clean record, you might get some judicial sympathy...it might be worth it....

Last edited:
Call a lawyer, pay him $300, and you won't even have to show up in court. In my state, if you get a traffic conviction for 10 mph + over the posted speed limit your insurance rate will double for 3 years.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Astro14

If he contests it in court, and the officer shows up, which most of them do (and they don't like having to go to court, since it's often on their time) then the testimony of "I let him off easy" will bury him with the judge.

I would recommend that he just pay the fine and be more careful in the future.

Now, if you were actually going 50 in a 35, and had a clean record, you might get some judicial sympathy...it might be worth it....
In the money mill that is our "traffic court" the officer writes the actual in the upper right hand corner of the ticket for the judge to see. You P&M tto much to the marsupial and any chance of getting a break for a clean record goes OUT the window as your wallet is emptied.

With a clean driving record you might be able to get a 'prayer for judgement'. It worked for me once years ago but it's up to the judge you're facing to grant or deny. You would have to take off work and sit in a court room for hours and it still might be denied. Pay the lawyer.

27.gif
Knock on wood...

They ignore me.

They had no problem noticing me on a 200cc Lifan (that would only go about 65mph...it indicated 90 but it was actually only around 65) or on any other machine that put a gas tank between my knees. But on a scooter? Nahh....that can't be right. No one can go 75mph+ on those things. So they just watch me go by.

Are they ever in for a shock if a Silverwing or Burgman 650 blows past them.

Originally Posted By: yaris0128
Felt like this is a good thread to have on the motorcycle section hahaha. So since I got one this afternoon I'll start.

With my Ninja ZX-6 I was clocked at doing 60 in a 35 but the officer dropped it down to 50 in a 35. Very nice of him to do but I still got the ticket. First one ever buuuuut I did learn that my speedo is quite accurate for a 21yr old bike. My speeding ticket grand total:

$154

It's called "Selling the ticket". He told you he'll drop the speed (X) amount, so you'll feel good about getting a break, and the State gets their money without a fight.

I can't tell you how many times I've witnessed faster moving cars be ignored, and a Sportbike be targeted.

If you ride a Sportbike, make no mistake you are a target for the revenue generation boys.

Originally Posted By: 02SE

If you ride a Sportbike, make no mistake you are a target for the revenue generation boys.

thumbsup2.gif
Believe it

My Honda is quicker and faster than a Lifan LF200iii "sportbike" (and has already lasted longer than any China-bike) but cops pay a lot more attention to me on the OHV 200cc "sportbike".

Since 98 I've racked up 11 speeding tickets in the course of 58,000
miles averaging 5272 miles per stop... speeds range from 66 in a 35
($350) all the way to 108 in a 55mph curve ($200)... consequently I
only ride when I can afford another ticket because Mr.RC45 is awful at
lawful speeds... he likes 90mph in first gear and go straight to jail
velocity in 6th... mercy me next stop the pearly gates...

Whoa Mr.RC45
288884845_caf5487bfc_b.jpg

CHP: Larry, do you why I stopped you?

Yes Sir, you were looking for speeders...

CHP: Well???

Well sir, I got here as fast as I could...

gallery_3131_5511_82144.jpg

I hadn't got one for a few years, but got one a couple of years ago from a camera car. I'd been doing 140kph (85mph) in a 100kph area, but saw the van well ahead and slowed down, going past at below the speed limit...looked and saw no one inside. Speed cameras don't get a bike because they don't get the plate...unless there is someone inside the van to record it. I must've shown up on radar further down the road and someone in the van got my plate as I went past. The ticket had no speed, just approx 120kph. I didn't contest the ticket as of course I was speeding, just not past the camera....but the bike also wasn't registered, the speeding ticket was the cheapest way out.

I don't remember my last ticket specifically, but it was in TN, out in the middle of nowhere. I think they got me for 74 in a 45. It was probably 10 years ago, probably on a CBR1000RR.

I don't ride much anymore due to kids, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back