Best bang for the buck oil filter?

Status
Not open for further replies.
With the controversy surrounding the Purolators, what do you guys recommend as the best bang for the buck oil filter like the Pureone use to be?

Best "bang for the buck" for my Japanese V6s are always either the Denso filters for $2.75 to $3 from RockAuto when I add them to an order, or Napa Silver or ProSelect (Wix OEM) for about $3.25 at the local store when I need it today.

Thats a lot of bang for the bucks.

I got Fram Ultra filters for both of my vehicles for $7.50 each. They have a 15k lifespan, but I am going to be conservative and run them 10k (2x5k OCI on F150, 10k OCI on Focus).

I can get Motocraft (Purolator made) for about $5 each but I'm not sure they would be good for 10k and they have had a few issues with tears documented. I can get Wix for the same $7.50 as the Fram XG's but 10k would pushing the max life on them.

$0.75 per 1k is a bargain in my book

$5.15 Fram Ultra from AAP online 50% discount, I get that discount lately every time it is is available, fram ultra is rated at 15,000 miles and I will be getting 20-25k out of mine, that's real "bang" for the buck.

The Purolator Synthetic often goes on sale at Kmart for under $7. The synthetic filter doesn't tear. However, they're not worth their regular price of $10

Napa Platinum (Wix XP) is on sale this month for $7.99

Of course Napa Gold (regular Wix) isn't too bad, either! You can get them online at filter1.com with free shipping over $50

You might also be able to get Fram Ultra at AAP for a good price (order online with a discount code, then pick up in-store). There is a $2 rebate from now until September, limit 2.

For my Jeep? Motorcraft hands down.

Anything else, I'd for a WIX made Napa Silver or Fram Extra Guard.

The Fram TG is the best "extended OCI" filter at normal prices IMO, but I can normally get a discounted ultra for less at AAP.

Quaker State. (Made by Purolator). Often on sale for $2.00 at Menards.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: jcwit
Just got a factory sealed box of Fram Ultra 6 thru E-Bay for my Car. $6.66 each, shipped to my door.

That's one "devil of a deal".
eek.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back