tuf-glide?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is anybody using this? Just purchased the small precision oiled with tur-glide and plan to try it out on knife pivots and maybe my block ccw to reduce Grit build up compared the the break free clp I use now.

Will it offer adequate Lubrication? Corrosion protection? What the heck is it made of besides mineral spirits?

Hey if you're carrying a Glock, use Loctite anti seize paste to lube it for the next 250 rounds. I kid you not, they use it as break in lube from the factory. That will get rid of the grittiness you feel. As for excellent lubrication, I have used axle grease in the past and it does great, but I now prefer Ballistol. I just lubed my Sig P229 with it and it made a night and day difference in the smoothness of it

Depends what it is. Graphite can cause corrosion, some silicone oils can break down some of the plastics commonly used in guns.

The price per oz. didn't turn me on, either.

BSW

Expensive stuff per ounce. I would avoid just based on that alone. Way too may products out there that are WAY cheaper that do a fantastic job. Seriously at $9 per half ounce, that is $72 per 4 ounces. A regular 4 ounce bottle of gun lube should set you back $7, not $72.

Not to mention, oil free dry lubes have been tested by many and found to actually be very poor in what they do and cause jams/malfunctions. On a more positive note, it did come with a nice needle oiler bottle that you can reuse.

Knife pivots? Sure. Glock? No.

Originally Posted By: Red00Jetta
Hey if you're carrying a Glock, use Loctite anti seize paste to lube it for the next 250 rounds. I kid you not, they use it as break in lube from the factory.

They only put it on the connector from the factory, which is a high friction area. It is for storage and you would be much better off with an actual gun grease on the connector and favorite gun oil on everything else.

Originally Posted By: bubbatime
...come with a nice needle oiler bottle that you can reuse...

That was part of the reason I got it to try. Those thing runs a couple bucks alone. Plus it gets generally good reviews in knice forums. Just was curious if anyone uses it on their firearms also. Sent the company an email about what type of dry lube it is but I expect little to no real info back.

As you can imagine, this has been beaten about many, many times here. The opinion usually divides into two camps. One is to use only gun oils on guns, and the other is to use a synthetic engine oil such as M1 0W-40 or a 20W-50 and bearing grease on slides. I'm now onto Non Detergent SAE 30 oil. In a bore, it REALLY picks up lots of powder residue. Sticks pretty well, cheap, easy to find, and no unnecessary add pack that won't be useful in a gun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back