Boston snowfall record is about 2 inches away

Status
Not open for further replies.
Boston is very close to an all-time snowfall record. Only about 2 inches away.

Last edited by a moderator:
Probably not. While Cape Cod is expecting a good amount of snow Boston probably won't see much of anything.

Measurements are taken at the airport (KBOS).

They won't get it....curse of the Bambino's snow shovel..
crackmeup2.gif

Originally Posted By: mrsilv04
Won't that be fixed in the next 24 hours?

Maybe, maybe not. What does the forecast say? Can we trust the forecast in this day and age? I say there's a good chance of at least 2 inches snowfall, but I could be wrong. Let me ask my Magic 8-Ball: "Most likely." I'm not sure I can trust my Magic 8-Ball. It was wrong last time I asked it for a prediction. We will have to wait and see. Unless we can get our hands on a time machine. That would be so useful. But technology like that, if it exists, and I'm not saying it does, is probably being suppressed by you-know-who. It's because of them that we can't have nice things. Possibly.

hotwheels

the northeast winter has been very extreme. hang in there, guys. it'll soon be done.
one of the weather sites that I follow stated that, on march 1, 49 of the 50 states had snow on the ground. looks like it has been a crazy winter all over.
have a good night.

It would be kind of sad if they don't get the record. If they get the record people in Boston can talk about this for decades. They can say that they personally were there when Boston had all of that snow.

It would be like if the Patriots had lost the Super Bowl. Yes, they went to the Super Bowl, but coming in second does not cut it.

Yesterday SE CT had a few more inches. I commented to my parents in VA that is was not a snowfall that suggested that spring was just around the corner. It was a type of storm that indicated winter was still in force.

Originally Posted By: simple_gifts
It was a type of storm that indicated winter was still in force.

Surely, we wouldn't want early onset spring weather to ruin a sorely needed record! Just imagine the missed opportunity for reminscing for decades about the snowfall record of 2015. Let them dig out one more time. They will thank us later!

hotwheels

Originally Posted By: Mystic
It would be kind of sad if they don't get the record. If they get the record people in Boston can talk about this for decades. They can say that they personally were there when Boston had all of that snow.

It would be like if the Patriots had lost the Super Bowl. Yes, they went to the Super Bowl, but coming in second does not cut it.

Most people can say they were there for the record anyway as the record was set in 1995-1996( 107.6" ). As long as you are at least in your early 20's you were here for it as a kid.

I don't know if they will break it anytime "soon" though? More likely towards the end of the month. The extended forecasts for this area( my house and down to Boston )are all showing a big warm up with sunny days coming. In the next 10 days there are just 2 for Boston that show any precipitation; today( 30% chance of snow showers w/ 0" of accumulation )and then Monday( 50% chance of snow showers w/ 0" of accumulation ). Other than that temps are trending up into the high 30's and then high 40's with sun.

Of course they could change it in the next hour. The forecasts in this area have been far from accurate, and they have changed constantly( same day ), this winter. Who knows what they will say tomorrow? Also, March in New England almost always has at least one big storm, if not a couple, with wet and heavy snow. It is not uncommon in April to get a storm early either. It is definitely possible for the record to be broken for sure.

I don't have any official numbers but I would bet dollars to donuts we are over that Boston record here at my house which is on the NH Seacoast and about 60 miles North of Boston. We have been hammered like I have never seen in my 47+ years here. I measured over 80" in just 3 storms earlier in Feb in my yard.

Originally Posted By: hotwheels

Surely, we wouldn't want early onset spring weather to ruin a sorely needed record! Just imagine the missed opportunity for reminscing for decades about the snowfall record of 2015. Let them dig out one more time. They will thank us later!

hotwheels

NOT funny!
31.gif
We have had more than enough snow around here thanks. I would much rather talk about the 2015 winter that missed setting the record by 2" than having to dig out from another 20"+ storm. I don't want to see anymore of that white [censored] for a LONG time now.

How about we send any more storms for 2015 out to you. Let you shovel it and talk about how CA got buried by one storm after another late in 2015 and set snowfall records.
crackmeup2.gif

Would have been nice, had you included the record inches amount in your thread.

Originally Posted By: Triple_Se7en

Would have been nice, had you included the record inches amount in your thread.

I added it above = 107.6" set in 1995-1996

Originally Posted By: demarpaint
Did they break the record?

Nope.

Boston only is getting some flurries out of this storm. We're still short.

Maybe, maybe not. What does the forecast say? Can we trust the forecast in this day and age? I say there's a good chance of at least 2 inches snowfall, but I could be wrong. Let me ask my Magic 8-Ball: "Most likely." I'm not sure I can trust my Magic 8-Ball. It was wrong last time I asked it for a prediction. We will have to wait and see. Unless we can get our hands on a time machine. That would be so useful. But technology like that, if it exists, and I'm not saying it does, is probably being suppressed by you-know-who. It's because of them that we can't have nice things. Possibly.

hotwheels

If I find out that they have been hiding a time machine from us, I will be very angry.

The last time I checked, this was still a free country, and if we want to talk about time machines or spend our money to time travel, we should be allowed to.

If we could time travel, think of all the things we could fix. Just last week I dropped some ketchup on my white shirt. If I could go back and fix that, I most certainly would. Of course, I would have to be careful not to scare myself. If I turned up at the wrong time and scared myself, I might spill even more ketchup on myself than I did the first time. And then I would have to go back again to stop myself from scaring myself. So perhaps I will go back at a time when I was not in the house and hide the ketchup from myself instead.

But of course, none of this matters if we find out after all that there is no time travel. But if I do find out that there is time travel and that they have been hiding it from us, I will be very angry.

Originally Posted By: aa1986
But of course, none of this matters if we find out after all that there is no time travel. But if I do find out that there is time travel and that they have been hiding it from us, I will be very angry.

However, if you do get your hand on a time machine, you can go back in time and make sure the technology won't remain suppressed.

hotwheels

hotwheels

I just as soon dig out one more time and make the record after all the suffering. I want some recognition for the [censored] we're going thru.

Come summer when California and the west in general is burning down from the dryness, I'll start a thread to feel better about where I live.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back