Scotty Kilmer Burned Up His Motor...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: mclasser
Originally Posted By: oilpsi2high
This guy is hilarious, I can't stop watching his videos.

It's funny when he gets excited about stuff and spits everywhere while talking.

Sure is.
He is so drunk while filming he starts slurring and spitting everywhere. I like the guy but when he starts in in his rants I just shake my head

Originally Posted By: exranger06
I'm no professionsal mechanic, but I had no problem with him up until he used a compression fitting on a brake line. It was at that point that I lost a lot of respect for him.

Sadly this was the first, and last, video I've ever seen of his a little while back.

I think he is entertaining but his advice is a bit off.

Pretty much anyone with a vehicle problem is advised to go buy a Toyota because they never break.

Originally Posted By: Clevy

Sure is.
He is so drunk while filming he starts slurring and spitting everywhere. I like the guy but when he starts in in his rants I just shake my head

Do you have any evidence to prove he is a drunk
confused.gif
As of now, that comment is nothing but unadulterated slander. He is a good mechanic, and a bit of a local legend around here. I have never heard any mention of him being an alchoholic.

Last edited:
me being a mechanic I see nothing wrong with anything he said. the engine probably has sludge and the oil is probably fuel diluted terribly. his diagnosis could easily be spot on.

I stand by my comment that he is enjoyable to watch and very knowledgeable mechanically, I dont take anything oil related from the YouTube too seriously. Too much old school junk still floating around out there too.

I know a few mechanics that think ATF never needs drained/ filled either assuming the transmission isn't on its way out. I even know one who still wont use Pennzoil or QS.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: jk_636

Sure is.

Do you have any evidence to prove he is a drunk
confused.gif
As of now, that comment is nothing but unadulterated slander. He is a good mechanic, and a bit of a local legend around here. I have never heard any mention of him being an alchoholic.

I used to tell people who called me an alcoholic "alcoholics go to meetings. I'm a drunk".

Originally Posted By: exranger06
I'm no professionsal mechanic, but I had no problem with him up until he used a compression fitting on a brake line. It was at that point that I lost a lot of respect for him.

When I was younger, that was the way everyone fixed rusted brake lines. Pretty much standard practice. FWIW I have never seen one fail.

Sure is.

Good for him. I wish I was
beer3.gif

Overnight parts from Japan should fix it right up.

Fast and the furious..nice
smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back