Scotty Kilmer Burned Up His Motor...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well...actually a customer of his burned up the motor from running the oil to long...so he thinks. Just Watch.

Originally Posted By: oilpsi2high
This guy is hilarious, I can't stop watching his videos.

It's funny when he gets excited about stuff and spits everywhere while talking.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: oilpsi2high
This guy is hilarious, I can't stop watching his videos.
Scotty is awesome. But what he didn't mention is that that is the famous Toyota sludger engine so not changing the oil sludger up twice as fast. He should have popped the valve cover to see what it looked like.

Originally Posted By: wildmanrandall
He said the oil killed the engine, not the engine killed the oil because it's a sludger Toyota. But yes extreme neglect.
Yeah, the oil killed the engine, because it's a known sludger engine AND it wasn't changed. I owned the same car with the same engine. Bought at 185k miles and under the valve cover it looked great, no sludge whatsoever, it was maintained.

Poor Toyota. It could have gone much longer. Probably had 10K plus OCI with conventional.

Haha I love old Scotty! But yes he makes things simplified for the average Youtuber who owns a car, not on BITOGer levels!
I don't think there's any excuse personally for this happening, I was watching a YouTube video of one of these Camrys with 450,000 miles on it and it ran almost like new so being a Toyota they will last if you maintain them.
After all, every engine kills oil, just some faster than others. It's the owners job to keep on top of it before the oil then kills the engine!

Sad part is the car has 178,000 miles, but could've gone much longer if it just had some very basic routine maintenance along the way.

I love watching this guy. I have yet to remember to watch is Saturday morning live car chats though.

I disagree with his diagnosis that thin oil led to this engine failure. It was either run low on oil at some point, or the engine just let go due to the mileage that's on it.

No, his respect for professional mechanics is on par with what Cartalk guys have for the entire industry; namely pretty minimal!

When he gets a vehicle requiring thousands of dollars in "correct repairs", he has no problem getting the vehicle back on the road for the fraction of the price. Professional mechanics are going to call that a "hack" as indirectly it hits their profession.

When a professional mechanic gets a car with clogged heater core, he starts dreaming $$$$ aka ten hour of labor to dismantle the dash and bunch of new parts etc. But not Scotty; he will try to unclog the heater core by flushing chemical through the heater core.

He fixes the car how a typical DIY owner would do and I appreciate that a lot.

I am sure we have some professional mechanics here who despise Scotty but I understand why they feel that way.

I'm no professionsal mechanic, but I had no problem with him up until he used a compression fitting on a brake line. It was at that point that I lost a lot of respect for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back