M1 5w-30, 6012 mi., Toyota Camry 3.0 V6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Ramblejam

Look, the 1MZ crowd gets entirely bent out of shape when it comes to the topic of extended OCI's. There's much out there all over the internet on the subject, but in reality, causation can always be traced back to bargain bulk oil from 10+ years ago on 7,500 mile city-driving OCI's, and maintenance practices that can be best described as putting gas in the tank and taking it to the car wash.

+1. I've never read of a sludge issue that couldn't rule out misuse or poor maintenance, and almost exclusively on early versions before the breather change (2002my). I'm using M1 HM 5w-30, 7,500 OCIs, and the last OCI (this past fall and winter) used ~8ozs of oil in the interval (dipstick-based guesstimate), ending at 235k miles. Love this engine.

During 2006-2008 , I use fram tough guard ( cheapest one from walmart). 2009-current, I am using toyota Oem filter 90915-yzzd1. I bought lot of 10 at ebay. For the motor oil, i use Castro gtx, chevron supreme, Mobil super 5000, then Mobil 1 synthetic ( current).

I normally change motor oil every 5,000 miles.

I personally think 7k oci is too long for 1mz-fe, even with fully synthetic. I think everyone have different ideas of doing their own oci.

Ramble jam, my car see some leaking when I put new motor oil. I always monitor my engine oil level. So far it doesn't eat oil.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back