Hyundai Accent 2003 engine air recommendations?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The outside dimensions of a K&N filter are 29 mm x 246 mm x 167 mm, or about 1 x 10 x 7. I don't know where to start. I'm going with a PureOne oil filter. I haven't found an air filter comparison test other than the eyeball one bobistheoilguy did; looking for tests similar to this one:
http://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-eng...g63t-4b11t.html
I've read that the same particle filtration standards for oil filters don't apply to air filters; e.g. a 99% at 20μm air filter isn't as important as a high flow air filter. I'd prefer 10-20nm oil and air filters, but for oil filters at least, they haven't uniformly demonstrated superiority over higher nm filters. The choices on Amazon are Fram or K&N; there have got to be more available than those two brands. I'm looking for mid- to high-end consumer grade air filters (which is all that will fit in the rectangular box anyway).

Last edited:
Go with a Fram Tough Guard air filter, and a Fram Tough Guard or Fram Ultra oil filter, skip the Pure one. Search Purolator oil filter tears to see what I mean.

Originally Posted By: gregk24
Go with a Fram... skip the Pure one. Search Purolator oil filter tears to see what I mean.

And what does that have to do with this?

It says on the box the Extra Guard captures twice the dirt a regular fram Tough Guard does. Does this mean it is more restrictive? Or maybe just being oiled attracts dust better.

I replaced a K&N that came with the truck with a fram Tough Guard and the posterior dyno says midrange is lacking, just as with changing an old and dirty tough guard in a 3.5L Intrepid with a Pureone oiled filter produced a lack of midrange torque.

While its hard to compare filters since all manufactures don't publish their efficiency figures, i know Fram thoroughly tests their filters and heres proof.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back