Castrol Magnatec jug price at WMart

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still no Magnatec at any of the local Walmarts around here. I've been to three in the last two days and my first stop is always the automotive section.

Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete
Kind of steep considering the black Edge was almost the same price for the longest time.

Edge Black is now $26.××. I would say a little steep for the blend (5w30) but not the syn (5w20). I bought the 5w20 syn for the 2.4's next oci. Being a Castrol (and Valvoline) fan though, I'd probably buy the 5w30 too.
20.gif

Last edited:
I already bought two OCI's worth of 5w30 blend for the KIA. At 20.83 a jug, the $23.99/$24.99 auto parts store OCI specials I bought were a better deal than I thought. Will be nice to just grab a jug at my convenience though with no watching for OCI specials.

Wow that's high. It should've been priced more like the HM and previous synblend. They will probably put it on rollback soon enough though.

Definitely not a better deal that an oil change special at a parts store. Paid 23.99 for Magnatec with a Purolator Classic at AAP last month. the per quart price at Walmart is definitely better though.

I do feel though, the synthetic version for the same price is a steal as a regular rate.

Last edited:
That's for Magnatec Professional..How does the Magnatec Unprofessional perform? The molecules can't be as intelligent in the Unprofessional version...Almost by definition.

smile.gif

It is Dexos certified so there should be good shear stability. I will give this a try after current Delo 15w30 and Pennzoil Gold.

A 5qt 3-pack is available at Amazon for about $80 for comparison.

I don't think there is a difference between Profess and UNprofess Magnatec, besides the special green dye color. In fact, Castrol GTX SynBlend in the U.S., the outgoing brand label, also claimed about the same Sequence IVA wear numbers, so it makes you wonder if Castrol is just juggling brand labels and selling the same product (SynBlend = Magnatec).

It appears likely. Castrol's marketing (and data sheets) is particularity insulting and irritating (I kinda feel embarrassed for them...Someone has to because MBAs are not self-aware enough to be embarrassed for themselves). Definitely need a UOA on this one.

It is not Green Dye...It is Gummy Bears from the Black Forest...Or maybe elves...I forget. You haven't been here long enough
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: Lex94
That's for Magnatec Professional..How does the Magnatec Unprofessional perform? The molecules can't be as intelligent in the Unprofessional version...Almost by definition.

Hmmm... Might the Professional be the synthetic and the "unprofessional" be the synthetic blend. I wonder.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back