new obd2 readers

Status
Not open for further replies.
I use my scanguage II alot - but for only a very few items. Not sure I need much more from another fancier unit.

the idea sounds good. they have a spelling error in their demo: "steeing angle reset " instead of "steering angle reset"

I would want to validate that it is able to read some of the specific systems in my cars. decent price; although the navigation seems very dated. is there an "auto detect" option?

of you have a reader that interfaces with a PC(normally via USB, Wifi, or Bluetooth), and Happen to Drive a Ford, there is a great, FREE utility called FORScan.(www.forscan.org)
the Developer is in Russia(software has been safe so far), fairly active, and adding features every couple versions or so. it's not quite Dealer tools, but better than many other free softwares.

only recognizes for Fords(Lincoln/Mercury) though.

Last edited:
I'm happy with my ultragauge. It was definately cheap enough. It is similar to the scangauge, little different interface from what I remember.

My old Elm327 to USB OBD2 rader finally gave it up. Any thoughts on a good replacement? Keep in mind this is a balance between thrifty economy and usability.

Originally Posted By: buck91
My old Elm327 to USB OBD2 rader finally gave it up. Any thoughts on a good replacement? Keep in mind this is a balance between thrifty economy and usability.

OBDLink SX.

Best reliable USB ELM for the $$

For a little less, you could go wireless with a BAFX Products Bluetooth ELM327

was not happy with an autel md802, would not read my airbag system. returned.

Originally Posted By: michaelluscher
Most versatile IMO is a OBDLink MX, paired to whatever device and software works best for the application.

How does this ScanTool combo compare to Torque plus a reader, please?

Originally Posted By: Vikas
Simple; Torque does NOT run on iPhone!

There is a WiFi version, but it isn't nearly as good, nor as versatile.

Maximum versatility currently comes cheapest in a Bluetooth/Windows/Android ecosystem.

Originally Posted By: Y_K
Originally Posted By: michaelluscher
Most versatile IMO is a OBDLink MX, paired to whatever device and software works best for the application.

How does this ScanTool combo compare to Torque plus a reader, please?

That is a OBDLink MX Bluetooth.
You can use it with Torque/Torque Pro on a Bluetooth Android device, or with a bevy of software bits and pieces on a Windows PC.

So many choices/combinations, makes them versatile, if not occasionally temperamental.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back