Valvoline Injector and carby cleaner

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.valvoline.com.au/explore-our-...d-carby-cleaner

Does anyone know what is in it? I just bought a couple of bottles and put one in the tank when I filled up. At 5 bucks a bottle I doubt it will have any PEA content but what I did notice was it contains 74% hydrocarbons (probably the additive carrier like kerosene or similar) where as the cheap off brand injector cleaners are around 95% hydrocarbons and only 5% something else, probably red dye!
I plan to run both bottles back to back with the next bottle going in the next tank which will be sometime next week. I will see if I notice any differences from the first bottle, hopefully in starting which it says it helps. I have a very hard cold start for some reason (seems like a fuel delivery issue) but there after it runs perfect, warm starts are fine too.

Originally Posted By: 4wheeldog
How cold is a "Cold start" in OZ? "Cold" isn't a thing, until you get below 0 centigrade. Just sayin'.

Erm when it hasn't been driven for a while and the engine is cold... And it gets below 0c in winter even here in coastal Queensland. Then it has a starting issue, yes its currently summer so the nights are around 15c but thats still cold enought to give it problems recently.
Last winter when I was at Thredbo ski fields, it was -15c one morning (wow you mean Australia isn't one massive beach/desert?!) I was worried it wouldn't start with 15w40 in but it started up perfect! Around 7 months later and 30c warmer with 10w30 in and it stuggles to start when 'cold'
It sounds like a fuel delivery issue so I'm going to see if this stuff helps, was just curious as to whether anyone has used it or knows anything about it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back