Valvoline filters ???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello folks,
I,m looking for info on Valvoline oil filters......
I cannot seem to find anything recent, other than one post in another forum "only use for 3k mi OCI"........

I am just simply crunched for time so I need to go to a local shop to have my oil done. I have a decent stock of German Castrol but no filters, therefore I am considering using there filter. Motorcraft is the filter in there now but im going back to WIX for all our vehicles, driving to NAPA means an extra day with my current work load. I am willing to take the extra day if it means using a filter that is not junk......but it will save time and a few bucks if I can use there in house filter at Monroe. I will also be doing the first UOA on this engine. I am most likley looking at a 4-4500 OCI this time around.

So what say you ?

thanks guys !

I have a few V01 Valvoline filters from when I stocked up when they were on sale. I have used them without issue on 6,000+ mile OCIs and I didn't notice any difference from the OEM Motorcraft ones

Perfectly fine for short OCI. I imagine most lube shops would carry a couple different brands you could choose from?

I went to http://www.valvolinefilters.com and judging by the baseplate, it appears the oil filters are made by Purolator.

I used a 2012 Honda Civic as a reference.

My advice would be to proceed with caution if you insist on using the Valvoline oil filter.

EDIT: It appears valvolinefilters.com is powered by a third party, so the info may or may not be current.

Last edited:
IIRC, there was an engine failure because of one of these and I do believe it was Purolator that sent him the check.
21.gif

FWIW, this is in our 07 Explorer, 4.0
this will be the 2nd OCI, still working on cleaning up form the prev. oil and getting to some type of schedule.
It sounds like I will just get to NAPA and pick up a WIX. (always go with your first instinct...)

Originally Posted By: bullwinkle
Think QS, ProLine, Group 7 low-end Purolator.

Not sure if its Group 7

Group 7 uses metal end caps and I have seen QS and Valvoline Oil filters that use fiber end disc aka cardboard end caps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back