can i use a 3614 inplace of a 4967 application?

Status
Not open for further replies.
hello all:) I have a 1998toyota corolla. I have a TON of oil filters i bouht 7-10 year ago, for a 95 neon i had* Toyota reference number are 4967. i do know the 3614 iss a tad wider...and once a few years ago, tried too put one on my corolla, and noted the gasket/filter itself, seemed too not fit well at all...gasket/filter was wider than the filter adapter the 4967 spins on..
if it does fit..would it be wise or unwise oo use the 3614 filters?

Whether you want to use FRAM or another filter, the FRAM web site will help you find other filters with the same thread and gasket.

Last edited:
I know that..
im assuming,the 3614is the same thread? ive read a few others running 3614's in thier corollas...
but seems risky, being thegasket is slighty bigger. Do they make coversion kits so a 3614 would fit in a 4967 application?

Just take them back to a Wal*Mart and say you got a new car and want to exchange these for the filters you now need.

I ran the 3614 on a 95 prizm 1.6.

wixfilters.com will tell you specs, the 3614 has a slightly larger diameter o-ring. It's up to you to check to see how it fits the block. I'd worry if I saw rubber hanging there not touching steel on the outside.

Thread is 3/4x16.

i own a plymouth breeze that uses the 3614 i recently ordered a delco pf53 to use instead of the 3614

I have both of those right here. One is for a camry v6, the other for a prius. The gaskets aren't a tad different, it's a lot. I wouldn't do it, no way, but the threads 3/4-16 are the same. There are reasons why Toyota specs different filters for the v6 and 4 cyls. I don't understand the necessity to go against what they say, except to want to go against what they say.

well, its been like 4-5 years, since i was under the toyota, trying a bosch premiumfor the 95neon,screwing it on the98 corolla oil filter adapter. what i do remember, was the oil filter and gasket. The gasket was like 97% on the outside of the metal adapter, was outside it. Like, the very inner part of the gasket and filter was touching the adapter baseplate,as a normal filter would.Loked scary and risky,like even a road vibration could cause the filter too come off,or unseal...
but ive read of others using the 3614 on thier corollas,like2-3people,5,000 mile intervals, one 4,000,, and no issues. so thinking,if i could get away with it..but seems realy really risky...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back