Quaker State Higher Mileage Oil

Status
Not open for further replies.
Never used that one. I use the Valvoline equivalent. Didn't know Slick 50 was still around.

July 16, 1996

The Federal Trade Commission has charged Quaker State - Slick 50, Inc., the manufacturer of Slick 50, the best-selling auto engine treatment in the U.S., with making false and unsubstantiated advertising claims. According to the FTC, ads for Slick 50 that tout tests showing improved engine performance are false and its claims of reduced engine wear are unsubstantiated.

i wanted this years ago but all was sold out and i was told they no longer make it
if it was available today i would buy it
i bought slick 50 for all my cars years ago

The great Johnny recommended this product. Even Bill in Utah used it in his daughter's car. Other members have stated it worked where other HM products did not. I got it for $1.27 per quart. This is old stock from about 2009.

i tried to buy it but i would have to pay shipping charges minimum $12
store pickup not available

It's not the same old TEFLON Slick 50 from the 90's attempting to turn your oil pan into a frying pan.

By the early 2000's Quaker State/SOPUS transitioned Slick 50 into an oil additive product chocked full of zinc and actual detergents I think. It was actually a decent, if wildly overpriced and unnecessary, additive product.

It's probably a very good oil, use with confidence...

Originally Posted By: NormanBuntz
O'Reilly's actually is selling motor oil that is 5-6 years old? Shocking!

Better shake those puppies hard.

Not really, there's a study around here with additives in retention is oil that is decades old. But I'd still shake them
smile.gif

I went into an O'Reillys looking for some and found none on the shelf. I asked an employee and he went to the back and said "you're in luck, this is the last quart" and was going to hand me an ancient bottle of 10w40. Looked like it was sitting on the shelf for at least 10 years. I just said "No thanks" and walked away.

If I could find some 10w30 that wasn't ancient I'd buy it. They're selling it for $1.27 each.

Am I the only one that finds it funny to hear 'shake it up before using'? Seriously? I guess it wouldn't mix in a running engine..

keep checking for availability at stores. One of the stores where I bought the oil put in an order for some more which I will probably buy, no shipping charge.

I have some LiquiMoly #2009. Can I add this or will it clash with this oil?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back