Shoe quandary

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am looking for classic high top canvas sneakers in wide. And I can't find them in wide. So far I have tried Converse and PF Flyers. I expected the latter to come n wide, since New Balance owns PF Flyers and NB is very good when it comes to offering wider shoes. But no joy!

Does anybody know which, if any, brand has classic hgh top sneakers in wide? I wear an 11, and even a 12 is too tight.

hotwheels

New Balance specializes in wide shoes. A couple of there top executives were really big people with wide feet so based on their looks the wide shoes might be a special interest item for them.

High tops.

Yes, NB has usually wide sizes available, which is why I mentioned them. The NB Trail Sneakers Classics 710, their only classic style high top sneaker, appears to be available only in D (medium) width. I really need a 2E.

hotwheels

I looked for something similar, but ended up getting a size larger Chucks. Not ideal, and they're less comfortable because of it. Good luck. If you find some, please let us know.

Originally Posted By: dlundblad
I too have wide feet so I feel your pain. The struggle is real.

Ironically, I'm often being told by shoe salesmen that most men have wider than what's considered average wide feet (D=medium). It also seems that either shoes have generally become more narrow, or maybe my feet have become wider with age. 20 years ago, I could wear Chuck Taylors. Now I can't squeeze my feet in all the way because those kicks are so narrow.

hotwheels

Most shoes are manufactured in China and other countries in Asia, people there have narrow feet so they made shoes as they think it should be.

Originally Posted By: HTSS_TR
Most shoes are manufactured in China and other countries in Asia, people there have narrow feet so they made shoes as they think it should be.

So I'm supposed to cut my feet down to size like Cinderella's sister?

hotwheels

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back