Agendas, when it comes to discrediting firearm use

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have no problem with hunting or killing. I find hunting/killing for trophies distasteful. I would not engage in that activity. But it is legal.

Personally, hunting game is a reasonable pursuit. It's a combination of outdoors activity and filling the freezer with good quality, lean meat. Unless you're a vegetarian, you support killing animals with your grocery dollars. Hunters just cut out the middleman...

And as far as killing people? I have no problem with the use of lethal force to prevent serious bodily harm or death. That lethal force often results in the death of the assailant. I don't feel bad for the assailant who tried to hurt/kill someone else. Their choice, so they must accept the consequences of an application of lethal force.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Shaman
Originally Posted By: Claud
Other animals kill either for food, in self defense, or to eliminate competition.
Humans are unique in that they kill for the sake of killing.

Claud.

No animal has ever killed over food, for sex, for fun. Nope, none, never. Ever, NEVER EVER EVER EVER. Ignorance is bad.

Just leave this for you

http://www.cracked.com/article_16762_the-6-biggest-[censored]-in-animal-kingdom.html

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O0BWPCzPNk4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O0qMT2YBIcg
Bambi !

Originally Posted By: Astro14
I have no problem with hunting or killing. I find hunting/killing for trophies distasteful. I would not engage in that activity. But it is legal.

Personally, hunting game is a reasonable pursuit. It's a combination of outdoors activity and filling the freezer with good quality, lean meat. Unless you're a vegetarian, you support killing animals with your grocery dollars. Hunters just cut out the middleman...

And as far as killing people? I have no problem with the use of lethal force to prevent serious bodily harm or death. That lethal force often results in the death of the assailant. I don't feel bad for the assailant who tried to hurt/kill someone else. Their choice, so they must accept the consequences of an application of lethal force.
Meat comes in plastic packages at the supermarket . Not from animals.

Originally Posted By: CT8
Meat comes in plastic packages at the supermarket . Not from animals.
I'd like to know the actual percentage of people who believe that. I bet it's surprisingly high. Probably 25%+ on the average college campus.

Most people living in cities today have no idea what people have to do on farms and ranches. Some of these people living in cities would be shocked.

Several of my relatives lived on farms. I saw quite a few things. It is just life on farms and ranches.

And my brother worked in a meat packing plant for a while and a friend of mine worked in the same meat packing plant. They had quite a few stories.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Shannow
Somewhat ironic that when a famous person's wife dies of breast Cancer, the whole feel good industry pipes up with a new foundation and a pink ribbon...invite grieving husband to talk.

But how they are equally happy to savage the same guy for hunting.

http://www.smh.com.au/sport/cricket/glen...221-13l44q.html

The guy has to be living in a cave if he doesn't know the internet liberal wacko crazy PC police drones won't take that picture and turn him into Charles Manson's twin brother.

He should have posted a picture of him kissing a Llama or petting a Great White Shark while wearing a pink diving suit or even feeding a rescue dolphin vegan snacks.

Then he needs to be seen driving off in an electric car or better yet on a mountain bike while eating a granola energy bar.

Originally Posted By: Doog
Originally Posted By: Shannow
Somewhat ironic that when a famous person's wife dies of breast Cancer, the whole feel good industry pipes up with a new foundation and a pink ribbon...invite grieving husband to talk.

But how they are equally happy to savage the same guy for hunting.

http://www.smh.com.au/sport/cricket/glen...221-13l44q.html

The guy has to be living in a cave if he doesn't know the internet liberal wacko crazy PC police drones won't take that picture and turn him into Charles Manson's twin brother.

He should have posted a picture of him kissing a Llama or petting a Great White Shark while wearing a pink diving suit or even feeding a rescue dolphin vegan snacks.

Then he needs to be seen driving off in an electric car or better yet on a mountain bike while eating a granola energy bar.

Thank you Doog, you are the first person to make me laugh this morning.

Originally Posted By: Robenstein
Originally Posted By: Claud
Other animals kill either for food, in self defense, or to eliminate competition.
Humans are unique in that they kill for the sake of killing.

Claud.

Read up on what Dolphins do to Porpoises and then you may want to re-evaluate your statement. Killer Whales are also known to torture their food for fun before eating it.

They aren't torturing it...what they are doing is disabling it so it can't get away while they take a few leisurely bites out of it while it is still alive. Sometimes Killer whales are actually playing with their food before they consume it. They will fling those little seals 10-15 feet in the air until they are completely worn out. Then chomp away.

That safari pumped thousands into the local econony and assures the animals and their habitat will be protected. The animal rights folks blow a lot of hot air over he landscape.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back