Let's Talk Holsters...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Milt Sparks, El Paso Saddlery, Comp Tac, Bravo concealment, Raven Concealment all make good stuff.

Don't forget Safariland. They have a lot of duty style holsters, but a pretty large line of off duty/detective style and IWB holsters that are surprisingly nice for the price. They get looked over often.

Originally Posted By: bubbatime
As far as HR and weapons policy at work, I could give less than 2 snits. As long as it isn't illegal to carry at work (cork at a court house, prison, etc), I will be carrying at work, period. I'd rather be fired and alive than dead. Your mileage may vary.

Florida may be a bit more "relaxed" than Texas. If a business (any business) posts the sign below and as a concealed carry license holder, you are caught carrying...well, you can figure it out:

Texas-Concealed-Carry-Sign-NHB-16362_600.gif

Originally Posted By: bubbatime
Milt Sparks, El Paso Saddlery, Comp Tac, Bravo concealment, Raven Concealment all make good stuff.

Don't forget Safariland. They have a lot of duty style holsters, but a pretty large line of off duty/detective style and IWB holsters that are surprisingly nice for the price. They get looked over often.

I will have a look at these. Thanks for the info!

I have a P229 and routinely carry it concealed with a N82 Tactical. It's very comfortable, but you need to practice your draw with the firearm unloaded to get accustomed to how you have to pull your shirt/jacket and the orientation of your hand.

I have worn my N82 Tactical in the small of my back, on my hip and appendix. All are comfortable. I've used it with jeans with and without a belt. It also works lovely with athletic shorts as long as you can tie the drawstring tight.

Originally Posted By: 2010_FX4
Galco, Bianchi/Safariland (or some other brand)?

Belt, Paddle, Ankle, or Shoulder?

My pistol would be a Sig P226 & P229, Walther P99AS, or an FNX9. Please feel free to discuss any other pistols as well.

What is your favorite brand, type, and why? I have used both Galco and Bianchi through the years (belt holsters), but have not purchased one in forever and am curious to know what all of you are using these days for concealed carry or just to carry (not necessarily for self-defense).

Thanks in advance for your thoughts.

I just got a leather belt holster from Craft Holsters. It took a while to come but the quality seems good and I thought the cost was reasonable ($69.00 including s&h). It can be worn either side or cross draw but I'm not sure which is the most practical/comfortable yet. My main concern was trying to find one that was a proper fit for my Walther PPQ M1 since apparently that can be a problem, but I'm pleased to say, not in this case. It's still a bit tight but I expect it will ease off with use.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back