O'Reilly carrying Delo 15W-30

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Black_Thunder
Originally Posted By: TiredTrucker
And all the heavy truck OEM's are factory filling with 10w30 now. You don't need a 40w to get the job done. Several fleets that I know of first hand have moved all their trucks over to 10w30. And those trucks regularly gross up to 80K lb and do it from Canada to the Rio Grande, year round, all 48 states. The 15w30 that Delo is promoting is indeed targeted primarily to LTL carriers city delivery type of operations. They still promote their 10w30 for long haul because of the fuel economy aspects. The 15w30 is a niche application product.

It varies, I know Cummins still factory fills the ISX with 15w40.

As far as other makes there are still some that use 15w40 from factory but I think many are making the switch.

The fleet that I work at have been using 10w30 synblend for a couple years now.

I just passed up a chance to put the 15w30 in my volvo. I was looking forward to doing a voa/uoa to check viscosity retention. I "chickened out" on any xw-30 because of my high torque, ultra low rpm engine. It operates between 1,050 and 1,200 and mostly 1,150 or less.

At the moment I feel more comfortable with the 15w40 running those engine speeds. The alternative would be to leave the trans in direct and increase rpms by 350 but volvo says to just let it ride at the low rpm for economy.

I don't know if my concern with a 30 in this case is silly or not. I just feel much better with a 40 at this time.

Have a new KW T680 at our shop and the Paccar 13L is factory filled with Delo 10w30. They even but a Delo decal on the frame rail identifying the lube used.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back