Napa house brand oil has the best bottles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice long neck for easy pouring.

Parts master oil has the same bottle design and is also made by Ashland/Valvoline.

I wonder if all the private label Valvoline oils use that same bottle. Shoot, Ashland should use it for their name-brand oil it's that good!

I've got a bottle of the parts master 5w20 sitting on my shelf.
Almost didn't need a funnel when pouring it into the Mazda!

Some people prefer the large mouth opening of other bottles like M1 has. To each his own.

I don't really care as long as the opening isn't centered in the bottle, that way I can turn it further before it starts pouring, and thus get it closer to the fill tube so I don't have to use a funnel.

The openings of the Citgo bottles I have are the same diameter as the fill hole on my toyota; the thread is similar too. I can pour the oil in and then screw the bottle right into the engine block letting it drain without even holding the bottle.

Originally Posted By: simple_gifts
The openings of the Citgo bottles I have are the same diameter as the fill hole on my toyota; the thread is similar too. I can pour the oil in and then screw the bottle right into the engine block letting it drain without even holding the bottle.
mobil1 and Subaru's do that too

Originally Posted By: Merkava_4
Has anybody bothered to post a picture of the said NAPA bottles? What the heck?

Here
48.gif

napasynlbl.gif

Aside from the shape of the bottle, its a very good oil! I get approx 7000k OCI's out of it doing mostly stop and go short trips to and from work daily. Maybe the twice a year road trip as well.

Oh yeah the oil itself is awesome (rebranded Valvoline, and the Napa synthetic is Synpower).

Besides the frequent sale price and value, the easy-to-pour bottle design is just icing on the cake
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: PhillipM
Apologies for the infomercial link, but the new Millers bottles are pretty good, I save them and refill with other oils as they make hard to access filler caps far less likely to get messy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cPhzfN5sipo

That is COOL!
Do they also offer that bottle/system currently for their ND Racing oils??
21.gif

Some of the Motul products (300V cans, their gear oils) are pretty goos as well.
I too held onto the quart bottles, and the jug from my Millers 5W-40 ND Racing oil change in the recent past.
wink.gif

Originally Posted By: daves87rs
Wish the syn came in jugs....

Need em' bigger.....

Bigger jugs are ALWAYS better!!
wink.gif
11.gif

Originally Posted By: spasm3
I liked the old clear QSUD bottles.

Bingo
Yahtzee
Kismet

Bring a funnel and get to see the actual oil you are putting in your crankcase.

I prefer the same with my beer too. That's why I drink Corona.

I like the old Pennzoil Synthetic quart with a handle. I don't know why it ever disappeared?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back