Ford 1.5 ecoboost factory oil filter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did the first oil change on my 2015 Ford Fusion with 1.5 ecoboost. Little under 2100 miles and definitely had plenty of break in materials in the oil.

One observation I had was the factory oil filter. I know these are always different than the motorcraft filters, but the one that came off the fusion I am 99% certain I saw a dome end bypass. Got dark on me, but will cut it open next weekend.

Adbv was white. Had a coil spring on the bypass that looked like a normal dome end bypass valve. I don't recall the factory oil filter on my 2010 f-150 5.4 being that much different than the motorcraft fl820s other than the casing.

Motorcraft replacement is the fl910s, but it's running an amsoil ea15k51 now.

Anyone cut open the most recent Ford factory filters off the 1.5, 1.6, or 2.0 ecoboost engines?

Last edited:
These are Fram made and have completely different construction than the Purolator made Motorcraft's.

Can you cut and post the filter or is it already pitched?

Those filters are different than the fl910s, I have taken many of them off but haven't cut any open yet. They are heavy too.

Originally Posted By: dlundblad
These are Fram made and have completely different construction than the Purolator made Motorcraft's.

Can you cut and post the filter or is it already pitched?

I know they are always somewhat different from factory vs motorcraft, but this one had nothing alike with an fl910s. I didn't notice it being any heavier than the typical fl910s.

I took a couple quick pics of the adbv/baseplate and down the tube looking at the spring. Will post those asap. Filter is sitting in garage draining out for a cut apart next weekend.

Last edited:
The base plate (and ADBV) look like the OEM Mann filter for my dads Audi!
27.gif

Last edited:
The FoMoCo filters look suspiciously like a Champion Labs upper end product in this picture (on the right) from a BITOG thread a few years ago.
DSC05222.jpg

Compare those pictures with a Champion Labs Mobil 1 filter
Mobil1%20EP%20Filter.jpg

Correction, I just saw your picture...that is a Mann for sure!
Mann-little.jpg

Last edited:
That is the exact filter I changed two weeks ago on my 2006 Fiesta with the 1.6 litre.
(Quality filters by the way ... cut a few open before I joined this forum ... zero issues )

I know that you guys have these aftermarket Motorcraft FL910S, from the years I lived in the US. Here home in Germany we can buy the factory filters right at the dealer for little money -> Any chance you guys can order them from Ford dealers?

Funny thing ...
2004 1.3 litre Fiesta uses EFL600
2006 1.6 litre Fiesta uses the above Filter.
2010 1.6 litre US Fiesta version used FL910S.
2012 1.0 Ecoboost Fiesta diffrent Filter again.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back