The single worst-looking food

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: wemay
Who was the first guy that layed eyes on that giant roach-like creature, the lobster, and said mmmmm that looks delicious!

Lobster was originally served as a prison food before becoming popular.

Originally Posted By: hotwheels
Originally Posted By: kozanoglu
Ram testicles, sheep brain and legs and toes.... Someone's delicacy is another's disgust.

I'm sure someone will profess to finding the soyrizo extremely good-looking and telling us he would do nothing rather than shovel that soft, steaming heap into his hungry mouth.

hotwheels

LOL
a healthy byproduct for sure.

Shrimp was also food that only poor folks ate. Shrimp, crab, and lobster are all basically bugs of the sea. I still gag a little watching Andrew Zimmern eat big bugs, though.

Originally Posted By: DBMaster
Shrimp was also food that only poor folks ate. Shrimp, crab, and lobster are all basically bugs of the sea. I still gag a little watching Andrew Zimmern eat big bugs, though.

thumbsup2.gif
...don't get me wrong, i love eating ocean 'bugs'. The land one's though, not so much.

Originally Posted By: wemay
Originally Posted By: DBMaster

thumbsup2.gif
...don't get me wrong, i love eating ocean 'bugs'. The land one's though, not so much.

HA! Me, too.

Originally Posted By: marshall25
spam

What have you got against Spam? (aside from fat/sodium/nitrite content)

It's a guilty pleasure.

Originally Posted By: Nyati
Obviously you've never eaten BALUT.

If the visual doesn't gag you the smell will. Google it.
laugh.gif

576px-Inside_a_Balut_-_Embryo_and_Yolk_zpsntlhxjix.jpg

You think they smell bad normally wait till after they set in a hot car for a week. Almost had to buy a new car..

Originally Posted By: hotwheels
Originally Posted By: kozanoglu
Ram testicles, sheep brain and legs and toes.... Someone's delicacy is another's disgust.

I'm sure someone will profess to finding the soyrizo extremely good-looking and telling us he would do nothing rather than shovel that soft, steaming heap into his hungry mouth.

hotwheels

I find the soyrizo very disgusting, but I would eat it in a second before the partially formed bird embryo. I can at least pretend the soyrizo is Taco Bell.

Either way, gross. I will stick to things that are comfortably familiar and cooked unless in an emergency situation.

Originally Posted By: Eric Smith
Originally Posted By: Nyati
Obviously you've never eaten BALUT.

If the visual doesn't gag you the smell will. Google it.
laugh.gif

You think they smell bad normally wait till after they set in a hot car for a week. Almost had to buy a new car..

Durian is probably worse than Balut in the smelling contest

Balut smells? Where did you hear that from? It's a fresh duck/chicken egg, when you open it up it smells like a really good chicken soup, in fact the juices taste like really good chicken stock. It's not bad at all, in fact its pretty good. I've eaten both duck and chicken types, and yes I'm white.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n7W2hiMokVg

That's a video I did on how to open a Durian.

Durian does smell to some people but others don't mind it. I personally don't find it smelly however Jack fruit on the other hand smells pretty bad, kind of like an old gym bag. Jackfruit is a cousin to Durian.

P.S If anyone tries to serve you balut and it smells, DO NOT EAT IT lol, that means its rotten.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back