2012 -present ford focus owners

Status
Not open for further replies.
Out of curiosity and I realize only a small group will have a stick shift focus but do any of you get the gear rollover noise? Also how many of the 2012 owners have experienced the oil leak from the exhaust stud? Anyone have any di related issues? Any other issues you've experienced?

I have a 2014 with manual trans and I have no noises after nearly 8K.
I also have no DI issues. The car has been trouble free.

What is "the oil leak from the exhaust stud"?

On the 2012 ford drilled the hole in the head to deep and an oil jacket leaks out from the stud.

Originally Posted By: ram_man
On the 2012 ford drilled the hole in the head to deep and an oil jacket leaks out from the stud.

Does this affliction only appear in 2012's?

Yes. I believe ford had a tsb. I've had to fix a few of them for it.

65k Changed trans oil at 60k. No oil leak or noises. The performance and gas mileage are the same as day one. I did remove the intake snorkel and replaced with ST snorkel and AEM dryflow filter. Made a noticeable improvement.

I've always had a bit of gear rollover noise. Friend of mine has a 2014 hatch - also has gear rollover noise.

It's something the MTX75 transmission does ...

Originally Posted By: Miller88
I've always had a bit of gear rollover noise. Friend of mine has a 2014 hatch - also has gear rollover noise.

How loud is yours? I am amazed with how loud mine is.

Originally Posted By: ram_man

How loud is yours? I am amazed with how loud mine is.

Not terribly loud, IMO. My friend's 2014 hatch is quite a bit louder than mine.

Can you hear it in the car with the windows up? When mine is warmed up its very noticeable. Sounds like some thing is lose and just rattling around to all [censored].

I can her it in the car somewhat with the windows up.

It may be a few days - I won't be driving it for a few days - but I'll get a video next time I drive it.

I can her it in the car somewhat with the windows up.

It may be a few days - I won't be driving it for a few days - but I'll get a video next time I drive it.

That would be great I'll take a video to.

Have a video. Hoping to upload tomorrow.

Awesome I can't wait!!

Have any of you tried any different trans fluids?

Funny enough a fix for this on Mazda's was to use the Ford Motorcraft MTL fluid (which is very well regarded among Mazda owners). Since you guys have factory installed Motorcraft maybe Redline MTL which also was well regarded for quieting down noisy Mazda gearboxes.

I've been reluctant to replace any fluid because it is specd for dual clutch transmission fluid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back