Negative effect w/TWC3 in Direct Injected engines?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It depends on the engine - possible reduction pump noise, possible better/worse mpg, possible better/worse idle & acceleration.
D you want it to do something specific?

I'm interested in what the consensus is as well. I know a lot of people have been doing the TCW3 for a long time. However, I'm interested in what the opinion is about it in DI engines.

Originally Posted By: Donald
In a diesel engine its the mechanical injector pumps that need (might need) some lubrication from TCW3.

Some users report less noise and longer life from HPFPs in SI, too.

Originally Posted By: Olas
It depends on the engine - possible reduction pump noise, possible better/worse mpg, possible better/worse idle & acceleration.

I currently use it in my conventional MPFI engine; but was wondering if it would cause any harm in a DI, that's all.

Originally Posted By: GSCJR
Originally Posted By: Olas

I currently use it in my conventional MPFI engine; but was wondering if it would cause any harm in a DI, that's all.

Why anyone would use this is beyond me???

I can cause harm if used in too high of a concentration, as too much gunk will build up inside the combustion chamber. I think a ratio of 400:1 to 500:1 is a range to play with, just my personal findings. I would use a product like amsoil Interceptor 2-stroke oil, it is a TC-W3 oil, but with potent detergents over their other 2 stroke oils.(Which might be important for the DI Injectors) Don't use their Dominator, as it is meant to run in a high powered high heat racing applications because if you use it in lower powered lower heat apps, it will not completely burn and build up, it has more anti friction and anti scuff additives.

IMO, Amsoil Interceptor is right at the top with the best 2 stroke oils, but it cost less. Try it.

There are 2 stroke engines now that run at 200:1 that have what is considered super clean emissions, but only running a quality synthetic 2 stroke.

@ the rate of 1oz. per 4L of fuel.

Thanks in advance.

135:1 is way too high

1oz per 15L is a good concentration, too much is bad for things such as deposits.

use a tc-w3 oil as most that are just api TC will leave more deposits(in car engine use esp.)

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Rand
@ the rate of 1oz. per 4L of fuel.

Thanks in advance.

135:1 is way too high

x2. I'd be concerned about cat contamination at that ratio.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back