AAP filter lookup wrong?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was looking at AAP filter lookup and they spec their Drive Works 4460 filter for my Kia. All my Hyundai's and Kia's use the same spin on filter (OEM 26300-35503). When I put in my Hyundai vehicles, they spec the Drive Works DW-4459. The funny thing is, right along side the dw4460 recommendation are the pl14459, etc. Mistake on their part?

Last edited:
Unfortunately, it is quite common to find part lookup errors on Advance's website. As a result, I ALWAYS look the part up on the mfr's website prior to buying from Advance.

I would email them about it and see what they come back with since DW has no parts catalog lookup (that I know of).

The 4460 is more than likely a Subaru filter. The 4459 is a Honda-type filter. The Honda filter will fit on a Subaru but not the other way around due to the depth of the threads. Kias and Hyundais use the Honda filter I believe.

"Advance" auto parts.What makes them so "advanced"? Love the names associated to Parts Store chains...NAPA (never any parts available),Chief (run by Native Americans?),VIP (volume incentive pricing),OReillys (a great day for the Irish),AutoZone (call their employees "Zoners"),Pep Boys (do they sell uppers or what?),TrakAuto (parts shipped by rail?),Bond Auto (James Bond?),Western Auto (then what were they doing on the east coast?).

Is this the Fram 9688 equivalent?

Does it say anything about the gasket size, thread pitch and bypass settings?

You need to be careful with any non-oem filter.

Wix had a problem with the 1356 filters spec'd for most Honda's. Honda changed the oil filter mount on some late model engines slightly, and the 1356 filter base plate would bottom out on the mount before the gasket would compress. Huge instant oil leak...

So Wix tweaked the base plate, giving it more room to thread on so it would seal properly, and called the revised filter the 7356, which is now the spec'd filter for Hondas.

Double check the fitment, and if in doubt, check another source, and ALWAYS start engine and check the filter for leaks...

ALWAYS... !

I have heard this a million times
38.gif

Go to the manufacturer's website!!!

Thanks for the replies. I actually use the OEM filter while under warranty (I have about 10 of them). I just found it odd they listed a 4460 when it should absolutely be the 4459.

Originally Posted By: dlundblad
Is this the Fram 9688 equivalent?

Does it say anything about the gasket size, thread pitch and bypass settings?

Yes it is (the 4459.) The 4460 lists the bypass at 20 psi or somewhere around there. Not sure about gasket size.

Originally Posted By: Urshurak776
Thanks for the replies. I actually use the OEM filter while under warranty (I have about 10 of them). I just found it odd they listed a 4460 when it should absolutely be the 4459.

Aren't they expensive?
37.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back