dexcool water ratio

Status
Not open for further replies.
Successfully I have ran 70% water 30% coolant, but with all makes all models coolant and old green stuff. My question...Is it okay to go 70/30 water to dexcool? Also, the manual stays to use clean drinkable water to mix with dexcool. It doesn't say distilled. What's it take on that. The vehicle is 04 Chevy Silverado. Thanks.

I would use distilled just to be sure. When I changed the coolant on my Silverado, I just used the pre-mixed Prestone Dexcool so I didn't have to worry about getting the ratio right.

Last edited:
I don't know how valid this is, but I've heard that 'Death Cool' can get gel-like/sludged from straying too far from the 50/50 ratio (in EITHER direction).
21.gif

Of course, air in the system will also cause this to happen.

60/40, or 40/60 are the furthest I've ever tried to push this product.
wink.gif

Maybe the forum's (Dex Cool) experts can chime in on whether or not this is valid?

My manual says the same. Believe it or not, some people dont know what distilled water is. Maybe they think water good enough for consumption is fine for the coolant mixture. Maybe some folks were using water that has sat stagnant in the garden hose for a few months, even though thats what the coach used to feed us at baseball practice.

Anyways who reads the manual? I think I got laughed at once for reading it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back