I think I stole a Sig P220.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been on a decent Sig stretch with my last 2 purchases. I got my P238 for 399 and I came home with this beauty today.

It is a "used" P220 Scorpion Elite which as far as I or the clerk could tell was ANIB. Born on date is April of 2014. So to me it is brand new
My best price at the Sig Academy Pro Shop with military discount was 984....
I got this gem for 694 otd. I think I did pretty well.
As usual I wasn't planning on getting another gun but sometimes you can't pass certain deals up. I learned my lesson ONCE on a Sig M11 and vowed not to make that mistake again. A 220 was always on my radar and the right deal came along

There are endless arguements among Browning 9 owners about country of origin. The F/N made in Belgium is the Holy Grail for that model.

Originally Posted By: mulehead
That's a great deal great gun . I got several 220 series guns once you go sig you won't go back

Yep good stuff...I'm adding it to my Sig collection of a Scorpion 1911, P238 and a 1911 Ultra Carry.

If I can find a deal on a P229 that is next
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: Joe_Power
Hmmmmm. Prices must be inflated up there in the northeast. Here in the Midwest, 7 bills buys that gun everyday, all day long

Seriously? Where? Best price I found on gunwatcher.com was like 966. 700 for the Scorpion Elite?

Buds price is 1124, grabagun is 1027....if you can find the P220 Scorpion Elite for 700 brand new that is the deal of the century

Originally Posted By: kozanoglu
If anything it should be cheaper since it is made in Exeter, NH...

Gotta support the home team...only 45 minutes from my home
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: Blue_Goose
Hmmmmm. Prices must be inflated up there in the northeast. Here in the Midwest, 7 bills buys that gun everyday, all day long

Seriously? Where? Best price I found on gunwatcher.com was like 966. 700 for the Scorpion Elite?

Buds price is 1124, grabagun is 1027....if you can find the P220 Scorpion Elite for 700 brand new that is the deal of the century

Must be used as that price quoted above is well below dealer cost. Excellent find buddy! ENjoy it.

Yeah I'm not a 45 guy but that new 229 is sweet are state boys are getting them . The 220 is a single stack gun I have a old and a 225 real old used and 228 and 226. Think about a 938 I think that's what it is the 9 mm with colt battery of arms . First sig I got was 225 in like 96 and then got 228 and used 220 and about a year ago I got a navy 226 because sig was giving money to seals family members for kids education

I like Sig, but haven't bought any because I think they're over priced. If I found deals like the OP, I'd own one or two.

smile.gif

What is the tiny dot on the slide, Blue_Goose?

smile.gif

What is the tiny dot on the slide, Blue_Goose?

That is the Firing Pin Positioning Pin

No. No it doesn't. That isn't a plain jain P220. Those grips alone are worth about $100. Plus the cerakote, another $150-$200.

smile.gif

Sadly the quality control coming out of Sig factory in the USA has not been as consistent as their Teutonic siblings from my experiences.

I have quite a few Sigs in my arsenal, but the low capacity of the P220 steered me to the FNX 45. Many differences between the two of them, but so far the FNX has been a capable pistol. I am working on some loads for my P226 in .357 Sig, but work has limited my range time. Sig makes a great pistol and was my go to for many years back in the old days.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back