magnesium 8

nitration 12

copper 0

iron 8

antimony 0

phosphorus 644

Laboratory Comments:

Dean,

Check for source of FUEL LEAK. Fuel is at a SIGNIFICANT LEVEL. Fuel dilution may be caused by component faults related

to injectors, ignition/timing or excessive blow-by. Additional causes include heavy throttle application, engine lugging,

frequent short trips, and excessive idling. LUBRICANT and FILTER CHANGE is suggested if not done at sampling time.

Base Number is MODERATELY LOW. Sodium is at a MODERATE LEVEL; Sodium sources: coolant (antifreeze), lube

additive or supplement, and/or environmental contaminant; Silicon is at a MINOR LEVEL; SILICON sources can be

abrasives (dirt, Alumina Silica), seals and gasket material, lube additive or lube supplement, and/or environmental

contaminant. Resample at half interval.

Oil analysis performed by Roktex.

Valvoline normally uses Na as an additive, wonder where all the fuel might be coming from? The '05 xB 1.5 in my sig gets short-tripped quite a bit, never seen fuel levels that high, & it has similar mileage to yours (66K miles).

Nice report. Fuel is high but wear metals are still low.

In the reports I've seen so far I haven't seen fuel dilution correlate with wear.

Originally Posted By: bullwinkle
Valvoline normally uses Na as an additive, wonder where all the fuel might be coming from? The '05 xB 1.5 in my sig gets short-tripped quite a bit, never seen fuel levels that high, & it has similar mileage to yours (66K miles).

Not exactly sure, but it's never been a major concern. My last UOA was fine, but the one before that had high fuel dilution too.

Valvoline is amazing, over 5% fuel dilution and still easily in grade. I have seen this over and over again, I am going to start recommending Valvoline for DI vehicles.

Originally Posted By: KCJeep
Valvoline is amazing, over 5% fuel dilution and still easily in grade. I have seen this over and over again, I am going to start recommending Valvoline for DI vehicles.

+1

VWB continues to impress me. We have seen it do very well in harsh DI applications that trashed much more expensive syn oils. This report is another example of how well it handles fuel.

+2

Valvoline white bottle is one of the best imo. Runs smooth and silent in every car I've used it in. Gonna pick up a jug of 10W40 next time I'm at Walmart.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back