Unknown 5W-30, 2012 Mazdaspeed3, 3500 miles

Status
Not open for further replies.

This oil came from a Mazda dealership. I requested that the dealership use synthetic oil, but I do not know if they did. Car was used hard. Lots of short trips (
Replaced with Rotella T6 5W-40 and an FL-400S.

Last edited:
I also own a ms3 and my first Uoa showed high sodium as well but no sign of antifreeze or potassium.

any noticeable difference with the rotella t6? this oil is popular with this engine.

Has your oci always been this mileage? the low fuel looks good except for flashpoint.

nice uoa

I've had good results running Mobil 1 5W-30 and 5W-30 EP- even with a 7,500 mile OCI. I installed the Hypertech tune at 135,500 miles and that might have have helped a bit with respect to fuel dilution in the oil.

ms31114oilreports-page-0_zps6012b137.jpg

I guarantee you the oil was Valvoline Synpower 5W-30, and it seems to have done fine. Would have gone 7500 with ease.

Originally Posted By: addyguy
I guarantee you the oil was Valvoline Synpower 5W-30, and it seems to have done fine. Would have gone 7500 with ease.

I concur.

Speed3 Owners: i have a dozen oil filters for your car id like to find a good home for. Most are Purolator P1, one is an M1. Make best offer via PM.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back