2012 Hyunda Santa Fe crankshaft pos. sensor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all. My wife said the car stuttered and almost stalled today. She made it home and shut it off. When I got home I started it up and it ran fine, but the check engine light was on. Auto Zone ran the code and it said crankshaft position sensor. Do you guys know the location of it on this car? I would really appreciate it. It is the 2.4L engine.

Last edited:
Oh, forgot to add that the check engine light cleared..... Runs fine. I want to replace it anyway. Maybe it is going bad?

its out of limited warranty.. but I'd imagine that sensor is part of the powertrain? or no... sometimes they can be pretty shiesty

I can call tomorrow and check on warranty. She just did a trip to Georgia and back, so just hit 69,000 miles. Thanks for the replies.

if it is under warranty Hyundai has to make good on it people win lots of cash and brand new cars under the lemon law.

I think that is covered under the 5 year 60,000 mile warranty and not the 10 year 100,000 mile warranty but im not sure there is also a pollution warranty check it out it may be covered

Hi all. Spoke with the Hyundai Service Dept. In Matthews, NC. They will cover the crankshaft position sensor up to 60,000 miles. I expressed my dissapointment in the sensor failing so soon and he agreed, but he said they have very little wiggle room on warranty. Anyway, the car is running fine so I ordered a sensor for $45 (they wanted $109 at dealership.) I will report back once its installed. Thanks everyone.

As a side note, he was impressed with my maintenance records
smile.gif

Last edited:
Update. Just swapped out the CPS. The plastic tab in the middle of the wire was the hardest part of removing the old one. Piece of cake after that. Car started and runs fine. Thanks all.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back