Secret Car photos

Status
Not open for further replies.
Driving out west today, and saw a convoy of cars draped in black vinyl, and with black and white zebra stripes on the un vinyled bits...followed the three that I saw.

LHD, and marked as such, better half only got one reasonable image.
IMG_20150227_161317.jpg

Checked the rego, and it's (allegedly) a black 2014 MD sedan...

Not likely methinks, being an undercover test car.

The one ahead of it had a split rear window like a Prius.

They better get on the correct side of the road before they cause a head-on! Just kidding, I know.

Living smack dab in the middle of GM, Ford, and Chrysler world headquarters, I see that all the time.

Dangerous to have the windows covered. I wonder what would happen if they crash. I know I'd get pulled over in a second.

A couple of years ago, I was in line at a bank ATM. The bank parking lot was at a lower elevation than the adjoining lot. A Ford (I forget the make) pulls up. A man and woman get out and attach a device to the passenger side front wheel hub that had a long, graduated stick. They get back in the car and with the woman driving, launch the car over a parking block, down the embankment, and on to the bank parking lot.

They quickly get out, take a measurement, remove the device, and drive off.

Originally Posted By: Oil Changer

A couple of years ago, I was in line at a bank ATM. The bank parking lot was at a lower elevation than the adjoining lot. A Ford (I forget the make) pulls up. A man and woman get out and attach a device to the passenger side front wheel hub that had a long, graduated stick. They get back in the car and with the woman driving, launch the car over a parking block, down the embankment, and on to the bank parking lot.

They quickly get out, take a measurement, remove the device, and drive off.

50.gif

I've always wanted to throw some plywood over those "severe tire damage" things then jump them the "wrong way" to see what would happen. Mount up some junk tires just in case.

Originally Posted By: Chris142
I see that around here often. Maybe when they are doing their death valley test?

Yeah, every manufacture test their vehicles in summer months at Death Valley. If all fluids and A/C works well at 120+ F at Death Valley, nowhere else is needed thicker fluid.

California is so kind as to put water every few miles at some spots around DV, but is nonpotable. Sure would hate to be stuck out there. But when you get to Badwater, the lowest elev., there IS water somehow. Then you might find a golf course, but of course, these could all be illusions if its hot enough.

Which old cartoons had the Oasis just over the hill?

Originally Posted By: HTSS_TR
Originally Posted By: Chris142
I see that around here often. Maybe when they are doing their death valley test?

Yeah, every manufacture test their vehicles in summer months at Death Valley. If all fluids and A/C works well at 120+ F at Death Valley, nowhere else is needed thicker fluid.

That's why I chose Motorcraft 5W20 to top up the Nissan Maxima when I was over there.

Ford tested the oil in Death Valley, so I just KNEW it would get me safely back in the Nissan.

I see cars wrapped a lot here. BMW does a lot of testing on the mountain roads around here. BTW the guys driving those cars get really annoyed when you follow them and repeatedly pass them.

Originally Posted By: bdcardinal
I see cars wrapped a lot here. BMW does a lot of testing on the mountain roads around here. BTW the guys driving those cars get really annoyed when you follow them and repeatedly pass them.

BMW and RR come into port at Port Hueneme and are processed there. When I lived in Oxnard I'd see odd RR test cars all the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back