10W30 HDEO in a 5 gallon pail?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone seen it for a decent price? I'm going to try to get a deal with a Conoco/Phillips dealer for 76 Guardol or something similar to try to beat Menard's $13.97/gallon (minus the 11% in-store rebate, hopefully), wish I had a decent JD dealer here or I'd try the Plus 50.

I only ever see pails at 10-15% off, which usually doesn't quite match a gallon jug on sale price. I did get one pail of rotella 15W40 for $50 at TSC when they had it on sale, plus another 10% off store wide deal.
I don't go through enough anymore to bother with pails these days.

Originally Posted By: eljefino
amazon has it for $63, not fantastic.
I'll try the Mag1, that price isn't too high, & 2.5 gallon jugs can be poured easier than 5 gal. pails anytime, should be comparable to the PB ProLine 15W40 that I'm using the last of now (WPP). Thanks.

Be careful to do the math when you make a bulk purchase.

At a local Walmart they had a cleaning product for $1.79 a quart. They also had gallon bottles of exactly the same product for $7.99.

You should have some farm supply sources perhaps not far outside Cincy ...
Rural King, Tractor Supply, Big Blue, etc ??? The are probably going to have it on the shelf. Whether you find it cheaply or not, I cannot speak to.

I get my Rotella 10w-30 at Mendards when they have a sale; typically in the fall of each year.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: dnewton3
You should have some farm supply sources perhaps not far outside Cincy ...
Rural King, Tractor Supply, Big Blue, etc ??? The are probably going to have it on the shelf. Whether you find it cheaply or not, I cannot speak to.

I get my Rotella 10w-30 at Mendards when they have a sale; typically in the fall of each year.
Dave-I tried the Tractor Supply & other farm stores around, & Menard's is actually the cheapest for 10W30 HDEO, but I want to try something a little thinner in the F-450 that would allow it to sit in cold weather (when electric isn't available) & start reasonably easily. Got enough M1 TDT for the Ram, plus the dual-rated 10W30 would be good in the Jeep too.

Originally Posted By: bullwinkle
... but I want to try something a little thinner in the F-450 that would allow it to sit in cold weather (when electric isn't available) & start reasonably easily. Got enough M1 TDT for the Ram, plus the dual-rated 10W30 would be good in the Jeep too.

I'm a bit confused here. I was under the impression you wanted the least cost 10w-30 HDEO in 5 gal pails for cost concerns; that's how this started out. But then you talk about TDT.

I can assure you with 100% certainty that any 10w-30 HDEO is going to be fine in OH in terms of cold starting. It is not any more or less cold in Cincy than what I see in here Indy, or RR1 sees in northern OH. We both have fine starting characteristics using dino 10w-30 HDEO. I use it year round; so does he. It starts just fine in my Dmax and my ol-skool Kubota (IDI with no grid heater and 10 year old glowplugs). My truck will sit and only get started once a week. My tractor may be only started once a month in winter. They statrt fine with normal oil. Don't get caught up in the "need" for anything special here.

I don't know where in "Cincy" you call home. But I found this at a TSC store just north of town:
http://www.tractorsupply.com/en/store/shell-rotellareg%3B-t-triple-protection-10w-30-engine-oil-1-gal
Their local price on Rotella 10w-30 is $12.79; that is not bad in today's pricing.
My local TSC also carries Mystik 10w-30 HDEO (semi-syn) in larger jugs.
I've not seen 5-gal pails, but I'm sure they have a SKU for them and you could order them.

What price did you find at Menards?

Last edited:
It's $13.79/gallon here at Menards, unfortunately the 7.3 has a small-to-medium rear main seal leak, the one time I used M1 TDT on a leaking engine (old 300D) it leaked pretty badly. I'll check the TSC next time I get in one, only thing they had listed online in a pail was the Traveller passenger car oil, didn't realize the Rotella T was that cheap there.

I'd try TSC and Rural King in this area.
They do have deals now and then and there is a Rotella MIR available starting 3/1.

Originally Posted By: dnewton3
Originally Posted By: bullwinkle
... but I want to try something a little thinner in the F-450 that would allow it to sit in cold weather (when electric isn't available) & start reasonably easily. Got enough M1 TDT for the Ram, plus the dual-rated 10W30 would be good in the Jeep too.

I'm a bit confused here. I was under the impression you wanted the least cost 10w-30 HDEO in 5 gal pails for cost concerns; that's how this started out. But then you talk about TDT.

I can assure you with 100% certainty that any 10w-30 HDEO is going to be fine in OH in terms of cold starting. It is not any more or less cold in Cincy than what I see in here Indy, or RR1 sees in northern OH. We both have fine starting characteristics using dino 10w-30 HDEO. I use it year round; so does he. It starts just fine in my Dmax and my ol-skool Kubota (IDI with no grid heater and 10 year old glowplugs). My truck will sit and only get started once a week. My tractor may be only started once a month in winter. They statrt fine with normal oil. Don't get caught up in the "need" for anything special here.

I don't know where in "Cincy" you call home. But I found this at a TSC store just north of town:
http://www.tractorsupply.com/en/store/shell-rotellareg%3B-t-triple-protection-10w-30-engine-oil-1-gal
Their local price on Rotella 10w-30 is $12.79; that is not bad in today's pricing.
My local TSC also carries Mystik 10w-30 HDEO (semi-syn) in larger jugs.
I've not seen 5-gal pails, but I'm sure they have a SKU for them and you could order them.

What price did you find at Menards?
Also, TSC is $14.99 for gallons of Rotella T 10W30, not sure if Mystik JT-8 10W30 is carried at my local TSC or not. I'm going to try the Mag1, it should be similar to the PB ProLine 15W40 that's in the 7.3 now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back