Ford ATF change.. Amsoil Signature?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey all, it is time for an ATF change in my 2010 Ford Escape which takes Mercon LV. I saw that Amsoil put out their Signature Series for low viscosity ATF like Mercon LV. Anyone have any experience?

Amsoil Signature Series vs Mercon LV

The Amsoil Signature Series Fuel efficient ATF is good stuff and they do rate it as recommended for Mercon LV applications.

I would say it's a superior fluid to the Mercon LV with a better viscosity index and pour point.

I wouldn't hesitate to use the amsoil. I have used the valvoline maxlife (low viscosity) in my mercon LV application. I've done two drain and fills (about a gallon each) since last summer and all seems well so far.

Yes, their signature series ATF is one of their best products they have. The truck guys report a 15F drop in transmission temps when switching to Amsoil ATF, that's huge.

Last edited:
I was thinking of using the Amsoil SS ATF as well, also as a Merc LV replacement.

I used it in my last truck as a Dex 6 replacement with good results, hopefully the Merc LV is also easy to get along with. Hoping for good results

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back